What's new

MD 1967 Wagoneer - GTO powered & 4spd

Youngblood

Member Number
Time to focus on the next project. This one runs great but still needs a bunch of little stuff sorted depending what you want to do with it. very solid, still has the California engine swap tag in the door from the early 90s. $12,500.

65 Pontiac GTO 389 with Holley sniper fuel injection
Sm420/Dana 20
Stock axles with power disc brakes up front
New 2 into 1 exhaust with high flow cat for rear window down cruising
Plastic XJ tank with all new fuel line and pump

Attachments

• PXL_20211011_191359624.jpg
    PXL_20211011_191359624.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 300
  • PXL_20211011_200112304.jpg
    PXL_20211011_200112304.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 253
  • PXL_20211011_200148936.jpg
    PXL_20211011_200148936.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 246
Time to focus on the next project. This one runs great but still needs a bunch of little stuff sorted depending what you want to do with it. very solid, still has the California engine swap tag in the door from the early 90s. $12,500.

65 Pontiac GTO 389 with Holley sniper fuel injection
Sm420/Dana 20
Stock axles with power disc brakes up front
New 2 into 1 exhaust with high flow cat for rear window down cruising
Plastic XJ tank with all new fuel line and pump
Can you give more info on the little stuff that needs to be sorted? Rust issues? Where in CA are you located?

Yes, in Maryland. It originally came from CA according to the engine swap tag. The transfer case doesn't shift into low range, I haven't investigated. I've got a new set of interior door panels that need to be installed. New set of tailgate aluminum panels that need install. Little stuff like that.

Interested in any trades, OP?

I haven't driven it more than 20 miles. Can't say I'd do it, but I love the security of trailering an unfamiliar vehicle. Don't have much roadkill spirit in me these days.

Where is the vehicle located in MD? I might be interested and I live right next door in VA. Oddly enough, my dad swapped a Pontiac 389 into our 1965 Jeep Wagoneer when I was a kid, so this brings back some good old memories!

I'm in Brunswick MD, not far from Frederick. Wow pretty cool to hear about another 389 wago!

I'm in Northern VA, only about 1 hour away from there. I'll PM you about coming up to view the vehicle.

Yes, in Maryland. It originally came from CA according to the engine swap tag. The transfer case doesn't shift into low range, I haven't investigated. I've got a new set of interior door panels that need to be installed. New set of tailgate aluminum panels that need install. Little stuff like that.

Not to be a dick, but is there a chance it's an old single speed Dana 21? Not sure if they came in waggys or behind sm420s, just a thought.

I'll be honest, I didn't know the Dana 21 even existed until right now. My wagoneer has a floor shifter though, so I'm pretty sure it's a Dana 20? Hope to have some more time to investigate the non shift after Christmas.

I'll be honest, I didn't know the Dana 21 even existed until right now. My wagoneer has a floor shifter though, so I'm pretty sure it's a Dana 20? Hope to have some more time to investigate the non shift after Christmas.

I'm not sure, if I remember right. The truck I learned to drive a stick in (~66 Ford with 70s 4x4 parts) had a D21 with a floor shifter, but that's been a while :laughing:

Nothing I can find online shows them being in anything but ford's. Who knows back then though. :laughing:

Why would a single speed transfer case have a shifter at all? Just for neutral?

I have to say, I keep seeing this listing and having bad thoughts... But getting it back to WY might be a bit of a killer.

I keep thinking about the 5 hour drive with the trailer to bring it home... then I get to swapping the transmission, transfer case and axles.

And there's stuff along the way I could pick up.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMG
Top Back Refresh