What's new

1957 Vintage Camper Refurb

Thanks everyone. Finally got to take it home to get it packed up. Sat out in the rain yesterday, and no water leaks. Was a little worried about that since I had the roof skin off and replaced the vent.

I was not / am not much on the vintage campers either, but after seeing how this one was put together vs the newer ones (even as early as the 70's), it is no wonder why there are still many of these around. Simple, yet sturdy built.
130.jpg

Very Cool! I can't let my wife see this or she will make me find one. I would do a shitty job and everybody would be sad lol.

Very Cool! I can't let my wife see this or she will make me find one. I would do a shitty job and everybody would be sad lol.
This...all this.

Gf wants to get a retro or older camper to tow behind my 67

Thanks everyone. Finally got to take it home to get it packed up. Sat out in the rain yesterday, and no water leaks. Was a little worried about that since I had the roof skin off and replaced the vent.

I was not / am not much on the vintage campers either, but after seeing how this one was put together vs the newer ones (even as early as the 70's), it is no wonder why there are still many of these around. Simple, yet sturdy built.

Nicely done! I dig the attention to detail. The two tone propane bottle seals the deal! :dustin:

Super cool build, cleanly executed. Definitely needs a vintage tow rig of some sort.

you need to paint the propane bottle clamp silver, to match the lines of the trailer :flipoff2:

Cool build. Almost did similar a couple years back, but sold it when I bought a house that needed too much work

I can't wait to see the restomod you build to tow it:stirthepot:

Super cool build, cleanly executed. Definitely needs a vintage tow rig of some sort.

We picked up a 46 Willy's wagon a couple years back. Plan is to kinda restomod it as well. Little newer 4x4 chassis, with either a EFI V6 or V8, manual trans, and small lift to clear 31-32's. I want the running gear to be a little newer / more reliable than the 40's, but she wants the body and interior to keep the original look. Collecting parts for that build.

Top Back Refresh