What's new

.177 pellets

the conservative atheist

😷😷😷ㅤ=ㅤ🐑🐑🐑
Member Number
I have this cheapo Crossman Fury NP piston rifle. Supposedly 1200 fps. Last time I shot it with 7 grain pellets, I'd get tight groups but also got a lot of stray pellets that were hitting 5 or 6" off at 20 yards. Not sure what causes this. The crap scope it came with? Pellets going supersonic?

What is the heaviest pellet to use before going PCP?

Last year I bought one of the Crossman (Chicom) pellet rifles from Big 5 because I didn’t have one. It took me some time to get it dialed in. For me, it was learning the trigger. The trigger is heavy, and doesn’t break until it’s almost at full pull (if that makes sense).

I have this cheapo Crossman Fury NP piston rifle. Supposedly 1200 fps. Last time I shot it with 7 grain pellets, I'd get tight groups but also got a lot of stray pellets that were hitting 5 or 6" off at 20 yards. Not sure what causes this. The crap scope it came with? Pellets going supersonic?

What is the heaviest pellet to use before going PCP?
Most like the problem is the pellets. Unless they are match grade there is probably a lot of dicrepancy in the consistancy of the pellets. Small defects or slight changes in weight will cause flyers. Match grade pellets are hand selected for consistent weight and lack of casting deformities.

No pellet is going supersonic out of that pile of shit. You’re looking at velocities around 900 FPS with regular lead pellets.

Those kind of airguns are MURDER on cheap scopes. I would, at the very least, borrow a scope somewhere and try that. As for supersonic, my Gamo is louder than a .22lr.

Top Back Refresh