What's new

16v Track no start.

Byro

Lurkin’
Member Number
Loc
East Canton, OH
2big bronco Going to look at a 95 5spd 16v 2DR for an around the farm beater/winter wheeler. Old timer selling it says it just didn’t start one day. It’s clean and cheap, only reason I’m considering it. Anything simple or weird I should look for? I’m assuming FP, relay something like that.

Click image for larger version Name:	EC0D77D3-D33A-4E6B-8682-F394920CDBCA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	509.2 KB ID:	152906 Well after a 2.5 hour drive, we snagged this little puddle jumper for $500.

Needs a fuel pump.

Had one years ago and can’t believe I’m excited over getting one. When this was all I had I drooled over the guys with V8s and 1 tons, now I have a V8 and ton rig and get excited about stock Tracks. :laughing:

photo26635.jpg

Its not uncommon for the ECM output for the fuel pump to go bad either, also check the grounds in the engine bay along the left fender and the ones that go from the engine to firewall. 16v trackers are fantastic little rigs

I had one like that and had the ecu fuel pump issue.

I wired the fuel pump to ignition and put a switch in-line with it so I could turn it off if I wanted.

I sold it like that years later.

Its not uncommon for the ECM output for the fuel pump to go bad either, also check the grounds in the engine bay along the left fender and the ones that go from the engine to firewall. 16v trackers are fantastic little rigs

I checked all the under dash fuses and swapped around the two relays behind the fuse panel, assuming one was for the FP. Still no luck. It does fire if you wack it with starting fluid, so I know it runs.

Dude said he parked it last year after deer season and it wouldn’t start this spring and it’s sat since.

Worst case I toss a little 10g cell behind the back seat and one of my spare Bosch 044s wired to hot key-on in it.

Last edited:
Got this thing fired up this evening. Started poking around at FP harness. Found the ground for the pump was cut, I thought to myself, no way I’m gonna
hook this ground up and this thing is gonna fire and run perfectly. Sure as shit 2 cycles of the key and it popped off and sat and idled perfect. Couldn’t believe it.

Top Back Refresh