What's new

16” 6MM Creedmoor Precision Rifle

300sniper

Gun Plumber
Member Number
Loc
Greenwood, CA
A buddy is shooting a 16” 6 Creedmoor precision hunting rifle and I had to have one. He’s getting 2800+ fps with 108 Berger EH.

I was about to order a barrel and realized I had a 26” Proof heavy Palma that I chamber a few years ago in 6CM SAAMI. It only had about 200 rounds down it. Perfect. I cut it down to 16.25” and rethreaded it to 5/8-24. It was already set up for one of my Rubicon Precision actions, so I simply swapped out my 18” 308 barrel.

I ran some factory Hornady 108 ELDM ammo through, and it’s averaging 2730 fps, 300 fps slower than the same ammo in my 27” barrel. It’s not going to win any speed contests, but with hand loads it’s approaching BR and Dasher speeds, and from a 14.5 lb (with Omega 300) and a 16” barrel.

Should be fun.

6A5F39F7-A80C-42E5-BB2E-B3D1214913F0.jpeg

76858611-854F-4E19-8417-D48612049917.jpeg

its a good thing you are a smith and can rebarrel your own, my buddy in wyoming who was shooting 6 creed said 1400-1700 rounds.

obviously if you load up to get above 3k FPS with that short barrel its going to be much less rounds.

great looking gun, it just needs you to pull that NIghtforce off and mount up a ZCO. :grinpimp:

its a good thing you are a smith and can rebarrel your own, my buddy in wyoming who was shooting 6 creed said 1400-1700 rounds.

obviously if you load up to get above 3k FPS with that short barrel its going to be much less rounds.

great looking gun, it just needs you to pull that NIghtforce off and mount up a ZCO. :grinpimp:
I finally sold all my OG Nightforcr second plane NXS scopes, but I’m keeping this 3.5-15 FP1. I’m going to Leopold MK5 HD scopes now because they are a great value, and I’m a poor.

I finally sold all my OG Nightforcr second plane NXS scopes, but I’m keeping this 3.5-15 FP1. I’m going to Leopold MK5 HD scopes now because they are a great value, and I’m a poor.

i let my last NXS highpower SFP go about 4 years ago. it was great for what it was, but i chased the next thing. i still have a couple of the 1-4 NXS. would REALLY love to get my hands on a mil/mil 2.5-10x24 NXS. the closest they have now is the NX8 and its FFP which i dont like in those low mag scopes.

the Loopy MK5HD illuminated is like $2600.... for another $1100 you can jump into that ZCO420 and have just about the best there is. It'll change your life.:cool2:

i let my last NXS highpower SFP go about 4 years ago. it was great for what it was, but i chased the next thing. i still have a couple of the 1-4 NXS. would REALLY love to get my hands on a mil/mil 2.5-10x24 NXS. the closest they have now is the NX8 and its FFP which i dont like in those low mag scopes.

the Loopy MK5HD illuminated is like $2600.... for another $1100 you can jump into that ZCO420 and have just about the best there is. It'll change your life.:cool2:
I’ve been shooting NF scopes since about 2001. Never one have I needed the Illuminated reticle. My cost on the MK5HD 25x and 35x is very cheap.

I’ve been shooting NF scopes since about 2001. Never one have I needed the Illuminated reticle. My cost on the MK5HD 25x and 35x is very cheap.

I paid $1600 (plus shipping), for my 5-25x non ILL with the PR2 reticle. That's a lot of bang for the buck.

Interested in barrel life as well. Do you track it?

I'm just under 2100 on my 6GT and it's still shooting great, but I fully expect it to go south before 3k.

Or for another $500 you can get a tangent, or for more $ you can jump into a Hensoldt.

The mk5 is very hard to beat in the price range unless you want to add weight in your optic.

I have a couple, and unless I was going to be doing elr I can't see the difference in the TT's and ZCO's I've been behind.

Top Back Refresh