What's new

'14 JK locker opinions- 05+SD/14b

BlueBabySound

Guy with a Jeep
Member Number
We have a 2014 JKUR that we're building a 05+SD and 14b to replace the factory axles. I originally planned on selectable lockers but with jscan adding the ability to turn off TC, ABS, etc. should I change my approach?

The Jeep is street driven so it can't be full spool.

Thoughts?

Current progress: Axles stripped, sand blasted and painted with Steel-it.
Next step: mock and weld Artec truss then start rebuilding internals.

1620056248955.png

1620056283410.png

I guess I'm not sure what that really has to do with anything? Do you want selectable lockers or not? I'm pretty sure the traction control stuff doesn't ever use the lockers.

Kevin

On the '12 + wranglers auto lockers wreak havoc on the electronic nannies. With the ability to turn that off it opens the door for those owner's to have auto lockers.
My previous course was to wait on OX to release the 14 bolt, may still do that but now I have interim options to consider, was looking for input from others.

have your cake and eat it. selectables. im using the same axles in my chevy and I decided to get a set of ARBs. ARB is the only selectable for the 14b.

I would personally use a Detroit or Grizzly in the rear and selectable in the front. I have beat the crap out of the Detroit in the front of my buggy with the Jana 76.

I just finished the SD60/14B axle swap in my JKU. I am very happy with it so far.

Get a mechanical like a Yukon Grizzly and let the clicking noise tell you it’s unlocked every time you turn, or find something other than a 14 bolt rear that has more options. Maybe a Sterling 10.5.

You could put both rear sensors on one tone ring and choose whatever locker you want to run. This would satisfy the computer and shouldn’t have it go into limp mode due to having mechanical locker in the rear.

I'm just surprised the 14 bolt for as long as it's been swapped into everything doesn't have more traction aids available. That has been a go to swap for years.

Top Back Refresh