What's new

14 bolt parking brake connection..would cables still work OK?

K5_489

Member Number
This is probably stupid simple, and I'm just a dipshit who can't search right...

Samurai, 14 bolt axle, 2.5" lift Jeep springs SOA, wheelbase not extended in the rear....looking at ways to keep the center mounted parking brake handle with mechanical parking brakes. Already have a driveline disconnect installed, so that rules out the t-case mounted disc.

Was going to pick up one of the universal cable kits - Universal Adjustable Emergency Brake Cable Kit, Cut-to-Length

Figured worst case, making a new rod between the brake handle and cable block will be trivial. Now I'm wondering if the short wheelbase is going to cause any kind of issues running cables like this..like maybe having to run giant loops to handle suspension travel or avoiding other steep angle changes? Seems simple enough to me, but then there's been plenty of other stupid issues I didn't think of building this thing until I started putting things together only to find myself saying "well....shit..." halfway through.

You'll be fine. If your drive shafts can make the angles then your cables will be fine. I'd run them roughly along your leaf spring.

Top Back Refresh