What's new

$111,000 Jeep... Who's in??

GarScramb

Member Number
Whatever company owns the Jeep brand this week seems to be off on their target market with this one, in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong and the soccer moms will line up for these?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/11/jeep-unveils-long-awaited-grand-wagoneer-suv-topping-111000.html

KEY POINTS
  • Jeep’s long-awaited Grand Wagoneer SUV will push the American quintessential off-road brand further into luxury vehicles.
  • Starting pricing for the large three-row SUV ranges from roughly $87,000 to $104,000. A fully loaded model will top $111,000, according to Jeep.
  • The Grand Wagoneer will be the sibling to a less expensive vehicle called the Wagoneer, which will start at $57,995 when both SUVs go on sale later this y

106852237-1615412308185WS022-037GWim1l3tlop25nd6bjimic5uv1gp-jpg?v=1615412327&w=740&h=416.jpg

All the myriad screens and electronics in it would give me pause, not that I’d buy one anyway. Driver screen, passenger TV, two center stack screens, dual back seat fireTVs... Jeep electronics are not known for quality

I just dont get the point of a vehicle price point like that. That's a house for some people.

You're driving down the road and someone in a POS $500 pinto hits you. :eek:

I mean, they’re selling JLs and Gladiators for $60K, so that probably isn’t a stretch for what people will be willing to pay. Personally, I think it is dumb.

I just dont get the point of a vehicle price point like that. That's a house for some people.

Think about how many Lariat, King Ranch, High Country, Laramie, etc. pickups are driving around. I see diesels with these packages all the time. Doubt any ever see a trailer.

going to be a lot of $250k GW's at SEMA....

My house was 96k :laughing: . typical solid built ranch from the mid-50s. I like my paid off house.

The pricing of vehicles and this thing in particular is pretty mind blowing, especially it looks like something from 2007.

Think about how many Lariat, King Ranch, High Country, Laramie, etc. pickups are driving around. I see diesels with these packages all the time. Doubt any ever see a trailer.

And most of those trucks I see in Texas are usually parked in driveways of trailer houses or shacks. When your vehicle is worth 2x more than your house, your priorities are completely fucked.... :laughing:

Looks like a 2012 Tahoe with an ugly grille and weird back window to me at first glance. I don't get the price point. It's still FCA trash

It has a full frame. It’d look good when someone throws some ram axles under it.

They will sell plenty of them. Chevy Tahoe’s and Ford Expeditions are selling for over $80,000 everyday.
The morons in this country will sign up for anything, as long as they qualify for the loan.

This is how you speed up the collapse of an economy.

All the myriad screens and electronics in it would give me pause, not that I’d buy one anyway. Driver screen, passenger TV, two center stack screens, dual back seat fireTVs... Jeep electronics are not known for quality

I know a guy with a 2020 grand cherokee that spent 3 out of its first 6 months in the shop with various electrical issues. Most recent of which requires the complete replacement of the infotainment unit :homer:. So definitely fawk anything with more tv screens than wheels.

Seems like good timing with the end of the land cruiser but no way I'd shell that much cash out.... maybe if I had it laying around and it came with 10yr/300k bumper to bumper... still no

My house was 96k :laughing: . typical solid built ranch from the mid-50s. I like my paid off house.

The pricing of vehicles and this thing in particular is pretty mind blowing, especially it looks like something from 2007.

Right? My first house was 110k. :laughing:

The sticker price of a vehicle isn't the same thing as it used to be. It used to be how much the vehicle cost. Did you have $111k? If not you couldn't afford it. If you did, then you could buy it and show everyone how well off you were.

These days the sticker price indicates how well off you want to show everyone you are, and the monthly payment is what determines if you can afford it or not. Length of financing term and total amount financed mean absolutely nothing to people. "Why take the time to save up $20k to go buy a used truck, when you can go get a brand new $70k truck today for only $899? Thats like $19 THOUSAND less, and you're getting a truck now instead of having to wait" ...I have a friend in car sales, we were talking about me replacing my 30 year old truck for something in the 10 year old range. He wasn't even trying to make a sale, wasn't BSing me, he honestly believes this. And I guess if I couldn't see past my next paycheck, I'd believe it too.

Jeep electronics have sucked huge balls ever since Fiat got involved with the brand. You would think the company would try and straighten out those problems before building this rolling pile of shit stuffed with waaay more electronics than anyone could ever possibly need in a vehicle.

I feel bad for today's dealer techs. They have to be more of an IT guy than a mechanic to fix all this modern shit. Glad I got out when I did.....

They will sell plenty of them. Chevy Tahoe’s and Ford Expeditions are selling for over $80,000 everyday.
The morons in this country will sign up for anything, as long as they qualify for the loan.

This is how you speed up the collapse of an economy.

This.

I can't believe they'll put $90k on the windshield of one of these like it's normal. I'm not ever sure what a Denali or escalade goes for. :rolleyes:

looks like a Durango and Renegade bastard, that's hideous and no zero interest in that.

And it pisses me off a bit that this was supposed to be based on the Grand Wagoneer. I don't think they have ever seen a Waggy.

Last edited:
You would think they would give it a bit more of a premium look for that kind of money. If it wasn't for the grille and badges I'd think it was some Chinese startup's first attempt at a luxury SUV. Something about the exterior plastics, trim and chrome FCA uses just emits cheap and tacky. GM does the same thing.

The past few years are giving me some serious 2005-2008 vibes.

I can't believe they'll put $90k on the windshield of one of these like it's normal. I'm not ever sure what a Denali or escalade goes for. :rolleyes:

Mind blowing isn't it. The fact that a $90k vehicle today will be a pile of problems in 10yrs and worth $5k is even more shocking.

I'm starting to think that new car purchases are about the absolute worst thing you can possibly do with money. Driving down the highway in a 20 year old truck flipping 20 dollar bills out the window seems like a way better financial decision. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh