What's new

10 Common Myths About the United States Government

Social Media.

The #7 is about Free Speech. And he goes on and on that 'private companies' don't have to follow Free Speech.

Social Media went on this huge for the last few years, and they've tried to frame that argument.

I keep telling people, to no avail, that the argument is: Does the entity in question take money from the government or in a substantial way use government-funded resources to make money? If they do, then they are technically required to follow Free Speech.

Social Media companies have skipped all of that, and made the argument Platform vs Content Provider, which is a false dilemma.

The question is, does a company take Fed money and/or rely on the Government to operate? Everyone uses the roads, so you can't make that argument against trucking companies.

But only a small percentage of entities use federally-funded internet backbone to make money, and a few, an enormous amount of money: Big Tech.

Yes, the Ministry of Truth seems to be having a panic attack. It will be interesting to watch this ramp up as the election nears.

Maybe, but from what a number of people on PBB and now here on IBB post up I'm led to believe they think those myths are actual fact. That's why I posted it.

Dudeman, this shit will blow your weak frail mind to no end, and only because you've also seen it before: [youtube]EISWIY9bG8[/youtube]

And, what the fuck is up with "I'm led to believe"?, that's a motherfucking assumption right there.

Dudeman, this shit will blow your weak frail mind to no end, and only because you've also seen it before: [youtube]EISWIY9bG8[/youtube]

And, what the fuck is up with "I'm led to believe"?, that's a motherfucking assumption right there.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Now you're showing that you have a very selective memory. If you really would remember what's been posted by many here (and PBB) you'd know what I said is correct.

Top Back Refresh