What's new

10.25 disks

I think i found my issue. Sounds like these trucks had a 10lbs residual valve on the master for the rear brake.
Is there a 2lbs one, or do i just do away with it all together?

I think i found my issue. Sounds like these trucks had a 10lbs residual valve on the master for the rear brake.
Is there a 2lbs one, or do i just do away with it all together?

having a hard time finding what thread the master cylinder is, to be able to use a universal one.
Any reason why i cant just gut this valve? why is having 2 psi necessary?

having a hard time finding what thread the master cylinder is, to be able to use a universal one.
Any reason why i cant just gut this valve? why is having 2 psi necessary?
in the past ive ran without one and just put a manual proportioning valve in line so can adjust it

Replace the brakes.
I pulled that spacer off my master to gut it. It's straight through. It's not a valve. Could the residual valve be elsewhere? The only other thing I see on the brake lines is the RABS

Replace the brakes.
I pulled that spacer off my master to gut it. It's straight through. It's not a valve. Could the residual valve be elsewhere? The only other thing I see on the brake lines is the RABS
I think that it is located in the proportioning valve.

Replace the brakes.
You sure it's hollow?

The one on my 88 definitely had moving parts inside it.
09.jpg

maybe yours was already gutted??

You sure it's hollow?

The one on my 88 definitely had moving parts inside it.
09.jpg

maybe yours was already gutted??

Yeah I could see straight through it.
It was also one piece. Looks like yours is 2 piece.
So I wonder why Im only getting 10k miles. I thought the parking brake calipers were sticking, but these jb6 calipers got the same life as the eldorado

Jack it up and spin the rear tires by hand, are they dragging?

I gutted the "valve" coming out of the master cylinder. I think I drilled out to match the front as well.

Went to a speed shop and got an inline residue valve like for race cars hoping it would help my pedal feel. It did not.

Do you have a rear abs valve or anything else in the line to the rear?

My experience will be different but I gave up on single piston calipers, just could not ever get them to work right or consistently.

Jack it up and spin the rear tires by hand, are they dragging?

I gutted the "valve" coming out of the master cylinder. I think I drilled out to match the front as well.

Went to a speed shop and got an inline residue valve like for race cars hoping it would help my pedal feel. It did not.

Do you have a rear abs valve or anything else in the line to the rear?

My experience will be different but I gave up on single piston calipers, just could not ever get them to work right or consistently.
my valve is already gutted apparently.
I have the RABS on the frame rail, its somewhat newer.
as much as a pain these have been, its still less of a pain then the drums

my valve is already gutted apparently.
I have the RABS on the frame rail, its somewhat newer.
as much as a pain these have been, its still less of a pain then the drums
It took a long time before I was happy with my setup.
I used e350 calipers. I think 1 1/8 inch bore master cylinder from a 99 expedition which had front and rear disc. Added hydroboost and upgraded ps pump. It stops as well and easily as any new truck now but like I said it was a long journey.

Top Back Refresh