What's new

1 7/16" 1/2" Drive Swivel Sockets, do they exist?

barrelroll

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Alaska
I tired google with no luck. Does a 1 7/16" 1/2" drive swivel socket exist? It would be awseome for 8" victaulic clamps put in by assholes who never planned on removing the clamp again.

I can find a 3/4" drive Grey Pneumatic #3046U and a short 3/4" to 1/2" reducing adapter #2238RA which I think the my best bet unless someone finds one in 1/2" drive.

3/4" or 1" is your only hope. 1/2" is like twisting the nipples on the GF titties and yelling "Come in Tokyo"...

Will a standard socket with a u-joint on it work?

Yes and no. It helps but when you are balanced precariously on a ladder attempting to shove an 8" pipe back into place while the mill is down and loosing money fumbling with with another thing to get suck or drop sucks. I've started using swivel sockets for pump and pipe work and they are now my go to unless I need a deep well and I'll probably end up picking up a set of deep well 1/2" drive impact sockets as well.

What kind of pipe? Every 8" grooved couplings I've ever used, which is often, an impact socket works fine.

What kind of pipe? Every 8" grooved couplings I've ever used, which is often, an impact socket works fine.

Steel pipe. Most of the time there's room to get a normal impact and socket in but there's the occasions when there's just not enough room to get an impact and socket in. Usually either another pipe was added next to it or whoever put it together last time wasn't thinking about having to service it such as they might have put a valve on a T on the ground and then bolted it up and now where's no room to get an impact in unbolt it.

Top Back Refresh