What's new

08 shit box

New to the party, but have to say that trans crossmember is nice. Looking forward to updates.
Subd

I guess i might as well update... worked in the shop all day today.

Got my aluminum hubs installed. Nice and light.
20221223_115017.jpg

Also got the new frame rails installed and worked on the 4 link
20221223_180713.jpg
20221223_180721.jpg
20221223_180737.jpg

Had to section some of the frame to get clearance for the links at full bump. Didn't need much, but i decided to use pipe thick wall pipe. Also got the shocks and hoops mocked up.
20221223_215408.jpg

20221223_215416.jpg

20221223_215429.jpg

But it was all for mockup only...i have to redo every bit of it. The frame is too wide and the tires rub the shocks way before it hits full articulation.
I'll try to get back on it soon...

Got some work done again.

Frame rails relocated.
Shock hoops installed along with shocks clear of all obstacles.

Ride height
20221226_170246.jpg

Full articulation
20221226_170542.jpg
20221226_170605.jpg

Full droop
20221226_170742.jpg
20221226_170736.jpg
20221226_170736.jpg

Full bump
20221226_170839.jpg

I have the bump stop installed on the driver side, but not finished. I also still have all the Bracing and supports to install. This is far from finished, that's for sure...

these pics tell me im in for a world of bullshit when i do the chop lol glad to see you chipping away at it.

these pics tell me im in for a world of bullshit when i do the chop lol glad to see you chipping away at it.
It's not too bad. I just placed everything wrong the first time around:laughing:
Just make your frame rails closer together then you think you'll need. Mine are 32 1/2" outside to outside, and there's lots of room for shocks and tires at full articulation.

Looking good! Will this be street driven? I recently traded off my rear aluminum hubs because I was worried about brakes. I am not smart enough to make decisions about brakes.

Looking good! Will this be street driven? I recently traded off my rear aluminum hubs because I was worried about brakes. I am not smart enough to make decisions about brakes.
Thank you!
Hopefully i can keep the progress up. Momentum seems to be good(at least better then it was:homer:) right now and i would like to keep it that way. I bought 2 more sticks of tube for the bed and also have enough tube to finalize the front links.. also have the mid ship shaft for the rear now.
It will be streetable. My wife will kill me if it isn't, but to go anywhere decent i need to trailer it.
I'm not worried about brakes, I'll be using the stock setup. I had him machine the rotor mounts just in case, but i doubt I'll ever use them. The rotors will slip right over the ears. I am using everything stock from the truck, the only thing that didn't come with it will be the brakes on the super duty front, but i doubt they will be problematic for the master.

Thanks!

Yes...i was originally going to keep most of the bed. That spot was just aft of the second set of bed mounts...i thought i could keep them. Until the tire rubbed the mounts on articulated travel... so i had to cut them off and here we are lol
It's a bit of an eyesore i know but it is What it is at this point in time.

Cricket cricket :stirthepot:
:lmao:
Fine i guess I'll post what little progress i have made:shaking:
Your job is in the way of us seeing this project progress/finished. :flipoff2:
It certainly is.... up until about 4 weeks ago i was working weekends for the previous couple months. I can't complain about having too much work still, though:smokin:

Top Back Refresh