What's new

'05+ Ford Super Duty Dana 60 Axle Tech & Info

I tried searching, but I may have huffed too much glue while I was sucking on my morning batteries......going to hydro assist, is there an off the shelf kit like the trail gear or PSC one for a 05+ front 60? I just stuck a tapped redhead box into my '74 ford crewcab (which has a '06 axles under it)...and have been debating going to and artec high steer kit and doing hydro assist at the same time! Is the 6' stroke standard? :flipoff2:

And which of them are regularly getting 3/4-ton 4x4 trucks that are less than 20yo

You'd be amazed what the northeast rust belt will do to a Ford. I have access to complete front clips (frame down), for $600-700, more than I could ever use. Though the yards around here won't let you hack C's off, it's all or nothing, which is my problem, spending $600 on C's isn't going to happen. Finding anything older than 20 years that's usable at a yard is the hard part.

You'd be amazed what the northeast rust belt will do to a Ford. I have access to complete front clips (frame down), for $600-700, more than I could ever use. Though the yards around here won't let you hack C's off, it's all or nothing, which is my problem, spending $600 on C's isn't going to happen. Finding anything older than 20 years that's usable at a yard is the hard part.

I live in the northeast genius. :laughing:

I live in the northeast genius. :laughing:

Ahhh masshole, now I get it...makes sense...funny:rolleyes:...so genius to genius, do the massholes use salt and brine spray on their roads? Like Ohio, New York, PA. I really don't know.

Ahhh masshole, now I get it...makes sense...funny:rolleyes:...so genius to genius, do the massholes use salt and brine spray on their roads? Like Ohio, New York, PA. I really don't know.

State uses spray and salt/sand, depending on the road with interstate highways getting more spray. Towns use whatever they want with the richer towns tending to use more spray. The poorer towns tend to use more salt/sand. The really poor towns use the bare minimum of salt in their sand on residential roads. Both the state and the towns do their own plowing but are augmented by contractors. Like everything else in the state rich people in the Boston area get priority so they put their nicest trucks with the newest hardware on the Boston highways and I90. Rt 2, Rt24, I395 tend to see they older equipment and less spray (I consider this a good thing).

Last edited:
Solid kingpin C next to srw C.

IMG_20210119_142334273.jpg

The ball joint C would always be larger than a kingpin? The solid C's are nice though, no worries about cast welding with them.
​​​​​​
I'm surprised Solid hasn't come out with a ball joint C. Anyone got connects at Solid?! :stirthepot:

Or Reid...or Crane :homer:
Yes, or one of the more expensive companies. Lol. If dana could keep ball joint C's in stock they'd own the market on them, I haven't read much on anyone blowing apart factory ball joint C's so at their price of a $130-$150 I doubt anyone would be able to compete.

Not viable if they aren't in stock or easily available. see:
Yes, or one of the more expensive companies. Lol. If dana could keep ball joint C's in stock they'd own the market on them, I haven't read much on anyone blowing apart factory ball joint C's so at their price of a $130-$150 I doubt anyone would be able to compete.

If it isn't in stock, does it really exist? Kind of like Schrodinger's inner C: exists but doesn't:lmao:

The ball joint C would always be larger than a kingpin? The solid C's are nice though, no worries about cast welding with them.

I don't think you really need to worry about cast welding on any C. Manufacturers do it, so can we. Cast steel can be welded by newbs like you and me:flipoff2:

Not viable if they aren't in stock or easily available. see:

If it isn't in stock, does it really exist? Kind of like Schrodinger's inner C: exists but doesn't:lmao:

They were available before covid. Temporary supply chain disruption. Pretty sure they will be available again in a few months. Sure, sucks if you need it NOW but I also doubt you'd see anything new from the aftermarket sooner than that....

They were available before covid. Temporary supply chain disruption. Pretty sure they will be available again in a few months. Sure, sucks if you need it NOW but I also doubt you'd see anything new from the aftermarket sooner than that....

I've got no idea on before covid availability. I think it was ~3 months ago I looked at availability. When I looked more recently, I saw August "guestimate". And then the question is whether "axle" retailers will make them available to others.

For a little bit of tech, does anyone know what stock caster is for the axle?

They own the market on them since they are the only provider of 05+ C's, whether it be OEM or aftermarket, they all are made by Dana Spicer.

Who needs C's and knuckles? Will cut stockers apart for y'all.

I don't think you really need to worry about cast welding on any C. Manufacturers do it, so can we. Cast steel can be welded by newbs like you and me:flipoff2:

I don't mind welding cast at all, it's not being able to get new ones. I'm over getting the C's off old housings to reuse them and unless I get said axle for free I'm spending the equivalent of Reid kingpin C's.

They own the market on them since they are the only provider of 05+ C's, whether it be OEM or aftermarket, they all are made by Dana Spicer.

I'll agree with that, I thought Reid had a ball joint C but I was mistaking. Well they sure suck at keeping supply up then. Haven't been in stock for 8 months, and from what I was told was a may 24th date seems to be pushed back to august now. For a company that seems to be really pushing their builder site I feel they're dropping the ball on keeping this in stock.

I'll agree with that, I thought Reid had a ball joint C but I was mistaking. Well they sure suck at keeping supply up then. Haven't been in stock for 8 months, and from what I was told was a may 24th date seems to be pushed back to august now. For a company that seems to be really pushing their builder site I feel they're dropping the ball on keeping this in stock.

I don't think the aftermarket division has any kind of weight vs the OEM one. they are still making tons of superduty OEM C's every day. Most aftermarket units available would go to their bolt-on Jeep volumes anyway.

Careful that Summit "estimated ship date" is very very very unrealistic in my experience. I waited 4 months for a fuel cell that was supposed to be 2 weeks out.

Careful that Summit "estimated ship date" is very very very unrealistic in my experience. I waited 4 months for a fuel cell that was supposed to be 2 weeks out.

I've had good and bad experiences with their estimate ship date, but no where near 4 months.

I have a set on order. Estimate ship date is next Tuesday. They're spares and I already have 1480 spares so no loss if they don't show up next week.

I've had good and bad experiences with their estimate ship date, but no where near 4 months.

I have a set on order. Estimate ship date is next Tuesday. They're spares and I already have 1480 spares so no loss if they don't show up next week.

I understand it's supplier related, not necessarily Summit's fault. Just saying the date isn't guaranteed or anything.

Let us know how it goes.

What if any brake upgrades are available? If possible, differentiate between 05-12 and 12+. My interest would be street leaning performance with some longevity rather than saving weight.

Are the various Wildwood kits worth it? I thought I caught a review of the thinner rotors having warpping issues.

Any fit behind 17" rims?

In my looking, it appears many axles don't come with calipers. Not a big deal because I replace all brake parts anyways.

Top Back Refresh