What's new

05 2500 with codes p0054 and p0060

Broncokyle88

#bender’slifematters
CAL4
Member Number
Loc
Pennsyltucky
I have an 05 2500 with a 6.0 in it. It popped codes for O2 sensor heater resistance on both rear sensors. I haven’t gotten around to doing any real looking at it yet. But I find it a little suspect that they would both be having the same issue simultaneously. So that’s making me think a wiring issue.

Am I right in assuming that both those circuits are using the same path to ground? Would that be my best bet to start looking?

Voltage wise, as far as my shitty scanner is telling me, all 4 are hanging out in the .150 to .900 range depending on rpm with both sides more or less mirroring each other.
Nothing is dead or stuck on a fixed value. That seems in-line with any other O2 sensors I’ve looked at with a scan tool

Last edited:

Snoop dogg

Saturday Night Special
Member Number
Loc
PDX
I had both cats go bad at the same time on my 08 2500. I used an infared temp gun to check temps before and after the cat to see if the temp range. I think 5v is whats supposed to read on the sensors too.

My truck had 190k when they went out, i had a spare sensor so i swapped that in and nothing changed. Bought universal cats from summit and welded them in, code went away.

Id check the connectors and ohm test it for breaks in wire. Other than dirty and a little dry my wiring was fine. Hopefully its a sensor or connector, those cats were $$$

OutlawRider

Gum Gardener
Member Number
Loc
Arkansas
Mine are having issues on an 01 2500 with 6.0 but it is the intake gasket is leaking which in turn killed the cats i believe. If they aren’t dead, they will be.

Broncokyle88

#bender’slifematters
CAL4
Member Number
Loc
Pennsyltucky
Alrighty, I guess the plan is give them a look with the multi meter this weekend since shitting the bed simultaneously isn’t unheard of, then look at the ground if they check out.

Checking the cats is on the list too. If they are bad they are just getting gutted. My state only requires a visual inspection of emissions components at my gvwr, and my guy does not care as long as something cat shaped is there.

4Eyedturd

Member Number
Loc
Waco, TX
If the cats are bad call your local recycler before you bash them out. Some are worth decent money. The ones on this parts truck I just picked up are worth $380 each at the recycler.