MONSTERMUDDER

Let's Go Brandon!!!
Member Number
Loc
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Anyone got one lying around? I'll give $20 + shipping

20240607_181017.jpg

20240607_181009.jpg

Hey guys appreciate the feedback and PM about it. Its kinda hard to find one without rear defrost, its out of a poverty special regular cab truck. Managed to find a dorman refurb as mentioned above on Amazon (good used) for $135 (reg $250) that worked!

Out of curiosity what goes out on these? I have the same setup and randomly the drivers side heat will be on even though the slide is on cold. I know nothing of hvac controls so I’m wondering if this is a common thing and whether this was your issue as well

Out of curiosity what goes out on these? I have the same setup and randomly the drivers side heat will be on even though the slide is on cold. I know nothing of hvac controls so I’m wondering if this is a common thing and whether this was your issue as well

Mine had a dim light, and seemed to have a dead spot where one side would move to hot or cold and need the slider to be "cycled" iirc

I had a failing actuator and replacing that helped, then tried to open up and clean contacts on the control head. It is "not repairable" the whole thing is plastic welded together and pressed and soldered. Probably a fun weekend project to an electronics guy with a nice basement workbench, but I managed to break mine with a flathead screw driver on my tailgate within 5 minutes:laughing:

I'm running a "non defrost" in a defrost truck

When I went looking, I did see that these are harder to find than one might think, and I'll grab a spare when I see one

Mine had a dim light, and seemed to have a dead spot where one side would move to hot or cold and need the slider to be "cycled" iirc

I had a failing actuator and replacing that helped, then tried to open up and clean contacts on the control head. It is "not repairable" the whole thing is plastic welded together and pressed and soldered. Probably a fun weekend project to an electronics guy with a nice basement workbench, but I managed to break mine with a flathead screw driver on my tailgate within 5 minutes:laughing:

I'm running a "non defrost" in a defrost truck

When I went looking, I did see that these are harder to find than one might think, and I'll grab a spare when I see one
Thanks. It’s annoyingly inconsistent and usually resets if I restart the truck

Top Back Refresh