What's new

“Brophy Jeep” Street Legal Ultra4 4500 class CJ6

Digging the crap out of that bro. Super sexy pedal setup. Having a backup ready to roll is killer.
Thank you! I’m building this like a legit race car. I’ve been collecting parts over all the years when deals come up. I got the pedals from an IG buddy with a shop on the east coast too. So it was cheaper than I could get on account! lol. I definitely got the car “Tism” lol.

Trying to figure pre planning for intake and air cleaners. I have a dual donaldson filter idea. Each filter is 1.5x needed CFM for 550hp.
IMG_0128.jpeg

Last edited:
That certainly narrows down potential candidates for a non-name drop name drop :lmao:
I’m not making them at night dad!!!…….
I’m making them at night! :flipoff2:

Honestly it was more of a hey if this shit is good enough for that guy then it will be fine for me. People rag on the the DBW stuff but have never driven it or realized they have driven it.
Drive by cable is extremely reliable and simple and easy to make work in the field. If I have issues I can always go that route. But to me the performance gains and drivability of DBW sells it for me.

Please explain this......
The torque curve is completely programmable to your liking with DBW.
Rate of change vs RPM, super easy to dial idle in, yada yada, the bigger/worse behaving the engine is, the better the gains will be.

I disagree on the reliability of DBW, I've experienced failures too.

Rate of change vs RPM, super easy to dial idle in, yada yada, the bigger/worse behaving the engine is, the better the gains will be.

Thank you for explaining it. I want to ad that throttle response and rapid corrections for load are amazing. My cars throttle response is so crisp and instant.
I’ve seen cables break too. But the difference is with a cable you can use some paracord or shoe laces to get off the trail. I totally agree. But for me so far so good and I’m gonna run the DBW. I have spare throttle bodies and will have the spare pedal. They are light and small.

Originally I had planned to build custom headers that go over the frame and the exhaust would tuck in the boat side. Now that the tube work is shaping up it looks like I might be able to use block huggers flipped upside down and a a u bend along the firewall.
IMG_0173.jpeg

i worked on a car that a switch for 'rocks' and 'dezert' that would change the throttle curve and i believe the 'rocks' limited it to 75% wot

Linkage adjustment and muscle control do the same thing. One takes talent, the other masks the lack of..... :flipoff2:

Dual filter setup will be great, even with both 50% clogged, you'll still be 100% flow capable.
Talking other friends that race. The tractor filters priority is filtration not flow!! So they will make less HP even at similar CFM ratings. This is the delema. Thes guys are top tier 4500,4800 and 4400 guys. They refresh motors every season. I don’t have that budget. So I’m favoring filtration. I’m way under powered already anyways I can always change filter and re tune for race if/when it come down to it.

I really liked these pedals for a few reasons. The way it pivots allows heel pressure and stability while actuating the throttle. It has a built in return spring so I am not relying on the DBW pedals! It has a toe hook incase all those fail and the dual DBW pedals will mount on the toe hook too.

tell your tunerboi josh to have the redundancy in the wiring and ecu and alarm when it senses a dead throttle positioner, dont even have stop

or all the bouncers who want to like timmy cameron. i asked why on a madram post once and man did the mouth breathers come out of the word work.
It’s funny how functional things and techniques and then over exaggerate them because it’s cool. Watching trophy trucks with 3,000-3,400 stall converters chopping the throttle to keep the converter somewhat stalled up turned into every dickhead over doing it. Is that what you are referring to?

Chad finish welding the front tube work and adding all the fish plates. Notice the removable cowl! That’s going to make prep and repairs so easy!! It will strip down like a full tube chassis race car there will be fire wall and floors that are welded in with access panels. While having everything removable has its Benefits. I’ve never been in a car that doesn’t rattle like bucket of bolts on a wash board road even with weather stripping or adding velour to the inside of the panels like the sand car guys!! Nothing is 100% yet but it all come down to serviceability.
74371721020__02D43884-4376-4198-AC6A-E72C66B755E7.jpeg

Top Back Refresh