Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30x45 build "The Donut Shop"

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Wolfe_Man View Post
    You know I've never bumper tapped a stucco building before
    We must know! DO IT!... Just for science
    There are no personal problems that cant be overcome with the liberal application of high explosives

    Comment


      #17
      You're gonna regret not finishing before starting work in it.

      I fully understand the backlog of clients + the need for cash, but it's gonna be a giant pain in the ass to move everything around to finish the interior.

      I dig the build though.
      Screw Vertical Scope
      Lugnut4x4.com

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Pt_Ranger_v8 View Post
        You're gonna regret not finishing before starting work in it.

        I fully understand the backlog of clients + the need for cash, but it's gonna be a giant pain in the ass to move everything around to finish the interior.

        I dig the build though.
        I 100% agree but I had it in mind as well from the beginning as plan B in case $$ ran short (it always does). In prep, everything except some shelving units are on casters so I can drag them out of the way do some insulation/panels and put it back as I go.

        Comment


          #19
          That makes sense. You should start a build thread of your customers' projects as well.
          Screw Vertical Scope
          Lugnut4x4.com

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Pt_Ranger_v8 View Post
            That makes sense. You should start a build thread of your customers' projects as well.
            That's the plan. I have a few past and some slow ongoing on the "other builds" sections.

            Comment


              #21
              Some small updates, upgraded house panel from 100amp to 200 amp, then trenched in for the electrical run, got it signed off and started to lay pipe and bury it. Ground was so hard it tossed sparks a few times and my brother ended up using his key ring to hold the throttle open and we just sat and let it drive itself.

              Click image for larger version  Name:	20200613_093959.jpg Views:	13 Size:	443.9 KB ID:	54225 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200613_094010.jpg Views:	13 Size:	510.6 KB ID:	54226 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200620_150707.jpg Views:	13 Size:	329.7 KB ID:	54227 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200620_150705.jpg Views:	13 Size:	374.3 KB ID:	54228 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200620_152549.jpg Views:	13 Size:	345.9 KB ID:	54229
              Last edited by Wolfe_Man; 4 days ago.

              Comment


                #22
                Also setup my little CnC plasma area with its PC etc. Plus mounted the important stuff like a large TV for reading wiring diagrams (yeah right) and finished wiring the shop 125 amp sub panel.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200625_194200.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	54235 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200628_081057.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	54236 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200621_131034.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	484.3 KB
ID:	54237 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200621_131046.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	446.4 KB
ID:	54238

                Comment


                  #23
                  I like what you're doing.

                  I think I would've sprung for more service, since there's gonna be a couple of you working in there. But, it looks like it's coming together, so get it!
                  Screw Vertical Scope
                  Lugnut4x4.com

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Pt_Ranger_v8 View Post
                    I like what you're doing.

                    I think I would've sprung for more service, since there's gonna be a couple of you working in there. But, it looks like it's coming together, so get it!
                    I agree but since I am in a "neighborhood" They gave me enough hassle over the 100 to 200 amp house upgrade. No 400 amp service available. Inspector/planner wasnt calling me back until I left a VM asking if I needed to give him a back alley handy, pass him $100 or what to get it approved and signed off haha.
                    I am pretty sure the 125 will be ok. I figured air compressor 15amp (5HP), CnC Plasma 40 amp (only if maxed out, its a CnC ready Everlast 60s) and possibly a welder (40amp max MM175 mig or AHP 201xd tig) running at same time would be max high amp draw.

                    I'll have to pay attention if I am running my ESAB PCM-875 plasma as its a monster that can draw over 50 amps (specifically put in a 60amp 220 circuit for this thing).
                    All lighting is LED and the corded hand tools are not a huge worry.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Wolfe_Man View Post

                      I agree but since I am in a "neighborhood" They gave me enough hassle over the 100 to 200 amp house upgrade. No 400 amp service available. Inspector/planner wasnt calling me back until I left a VM asking if I needed to give him a back alley handy, pass him $100 or what to get it approved and signed off haha.
                      I am pretty sure the 125 will be ok. I figured air compressor 15amp (5HP), CnC Plasma 40 amp (only if maxed out, its a CnC ready Everlast 60s) and possibly a welder (40amp max MM175 mig or AHP 201xd tig) running at same time would be max high amp draw.

                      I'll have to pay attention if I am running my ESAB PCM-875 plasma as its a monster that can draw over 50 amps (specifically put in a 60amp 220 circuit for this thing).
                      All lighting is LED and the corded hand tools are not a huge worry.


                      Right on.

                      At least you did the math I'd suspect your compressor might draw more than 15A unless it's 220, but it sounds like you've thought it out.


                      Any estimate on total cost yet
                      Screw Vertical Scope
                      Lugnut4x4.com

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Pt_Ranger_v8 View Post



                        Right on.

                        At least you did the math I'd suspect your compressor might draw more than 15A unless it's 220, but it sounds like you've thought it out.


                        Any estimate on total cost yet
                        Compressor is 220 5HP on a 30 amp circuit.

                        I have all receipts but havent actually added them up.... buuuut I think I am right about 28k. Concrete 8.2k, lumber 8k, roofing 2.5k, stucco 3k, electrical (with main run) 2k, doors 1.8k, beer 1k

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Fun evening. Moving crap around and trying to figure out where to put everything (still have crap in my house garage). Moved the welders/plasmas in, moved some tool boxes around and I think closer to having it usable. I need to get my hands on pallet racking.

                          We have our first shop injury too, Wife was dragging down the shelf to the left of welding table and hit her ankle with it (she is accident prone, few months ago she yanked an extension cord and it flew and the prongs stabbed her in the face like a snake bite on the bridge of her nose...) and cut an artery... was squirting all over the place. Now her foot is a bit swollen but think it'll be ok. I should know better than say sure when she asks me if I want help moving crap...

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200629_200428.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	55996

                          Moved the toolboxes by the plasma table around. I think its a little more usable plus I have a 15watt 3x3 cnc laser (fun toy) than I can set/store in th3 gap sideways when not in use to protect it (You can see it barely above on the banquet table)

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200629_200435.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	55998
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200629_200508.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	354.2 KB
ID:	55997

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Subscribed. Loving the shop. I've got a Crossfire Pro as well.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by GLTHFJ60 View Post
                              Subscribed. Loving the shop. I've got a Crossfire Pro as well.
                              Thanks, my crossfire isnt the pro, I got in on their 2nd or 3rd batch of 1st gen systems. Looking forward to abusing it soon as I have only used it for goofing off and as a big plotter with a pen stuck in it to draw some brackets etc.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Nice! Thought i saw two rails. Once you start using it, it'll be hard to stop, lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X