Savage CDI bottom metal ordeal

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Savage CDI bottom metal ordeal

    So I have a short action savage, bottom bolt release center feed with 4.4” action screw spacing. Ordered a manners stock last year inletted for CDI bottom metal, go to order it to find the owner died and I can’t get it anywhere except a place in Australia that doesn’t have an export license.

    Anyone happen to have one laying around or know where I can get it? Or maybe know someone in Australia that’d ship it to me?

    #2
    Yeah the CDI deal was bad when the owner died. He was a really great guy. Talked to him a bunch when he did the inlet on my stock and Win 70 action

    Comment


      #3
      That’s what everyone says, great guy and even better to deal with.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Jnull View Post
        So I have a short action savage, bottom bolt release center feed with 4.4” action screw spacing. Ordered a manners stock last year inletted for CDI bottom metal, go to order it to find the owner died and I can’t get it anywhere except a place in Australia that doesn’t have an export license.

        Anyone happen to have one laying around or know where I can get it? Or maybe know someone in Australia that’d ship it to me?
        here is what i would do: call Manners and tell them the situation. See if they will re-work your stock for a bottom metal of your choice (Badger, Surgeon, etc), they should but there may be a cost involved. all the manners stocks are is composite and paint, so they may be able to fill in your inletting, re-cut for the new bottom metal, and repaint.

        Right now, i see that as your only real option, unless you want to try and sell that stock which you will take a big hit on since no one can get CDI bottom metal anymore.

        Manners is really good people. i busted through the spacer screws on one of their stocks using the wrong length screw and they fixed it all up for free. call them.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Texas97 View Post

          here is what i would do: call Manners and tell them the situation. See if they will re-work your stock for a bottom metal of your choice (Badger, Surgeon, etc), they should but there may be a cost involved. all the manners stocks are is composite and paint, so they may be able to fill in your inletting, re-cut for the new bottom metal, and repaint.

          Right now, i see that as your only real option, unless you want to try and sell that stock which you will take a big hit on since no one can get CDI bottom metal anymore.

          Manners is really good people. i busted through the spacer screws on one of their stocks using the wrong length screw and they fixed it all up for free. call them.
          I called them yesterday, explained the situation and asked if they knew of any compatible bottom metals. The woman told me she thought red snake tactical so I emailed them (no phone number listed) and haven’t heard back, but they don’t list savage on their site at all so I’m not getting my hopes up.

          The only other company I know of that makes bottom bolt release savage dbm is pacific tool and gauge who I also called but had to leave a message with a guy that hasn’t got back to me yet.

          My stocks carbon fiber so I don’t know if it’s as easy as filling in and inletting again or not. If the PTG metal doesn’t work out and manners or PTG can’t make it work I have a buddy that has the CDI metal I need and I can get another buddy to possibly machine me a replica. Unless I can get someone in Australia to send it to me lol.

          Comment


            #6
            we have some aussies on the board. Maybe post in chit chat asking them to help a brother out.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Squamch View Post
              we have some aussies on the board. Maybe post in chit chat asking them to help a brother out.
              I didn’t know there were, ill do that thank you.

              Comment

              Working...
              X