Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Trust (class 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Gun Trust (class 3)

    In the past a lot of people went through and set up a trust to avoid having to have the chief law-enforcement officer sign off on a stamp for a class III firearms. Is that still necessary? Or did the loss or restrictions change?

    What is the current laws situations around tax stamps and paperwork?

    #2
    It's notification now, no signature required.

    Comment


      #3
      Not sure about it if you don’t have issues with the CLEO sign off, from what I’ve found there are ups and downs to it.

      Technically, you aren’t supposed to have class 3 items in the possession of any unauthorized persons, meaning if it’s in your safe, you’re gone, and your wife knows the safe code and is home, you’re in violation, but apparently this has never been an issue.

      Flip side to it was a guy who posted the other week that he was trying to remove his wife as a member of the trust as they were getting divorced.

      I’m primarily interested in it as a means to pass items that will eventually be banned onto my sons, but they are 2 1/2 and 8 months, so they can’t be a legal heir until they are 18. Who knows that will be possible in that time frame.

      The “go to guy” for them was Sean Cody in Houston, but he passed away earlier this year.

      Silencer Shop has been advertising their “one shot” trust which is apparently a trust for each individual item and avoids the pitfalls of creating one, I don’t think it has many of the benefits either, but might solve the CLEO signature if yours is a socialist.

      Comment


        #4
        Yep. No signature required.

        Comment


          #5
          Was there another change? Like everyone on the trust needing a background check or something?

          Comment


            #6
            The thing about a trust is you have to place people into it that you trust.

            How many friends do you have that you trust with your life unconditionally?

            have boilerplate for that kind of trust.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by PAE View Post
              The thing about a trust is you have to place people into it that you trust.

              How many friends do you have that you trust with your life unconditionally?

              have boilerplate for that kind of trust.
              I’m confident that my close friends and family are smart enough to not commit felony gun crimes.

              Comment


                #8
                Oh good, lol.

                Originally posted by Aisin View Post

                I’m confident that my close friends and family are smart enough to not commit felony gun crimes.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by PAE View Post
                  Oh good, lol.


                  Most are retired military and law enforcement.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    You makes your choises and takes your chances.

                    Greed is one of the largest motivators.

                    I wish you luck!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by PAE View Post
                      You makes your choises and takes your chances.

                      Greed is one of the largest motivators.

                      I wish you luck!
                      Don’t hate because you live in a Communist state.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Gatorgrizz27 View Post

                        Flip side to it was a guy who posted the other week that he was trying to remove his wife as a member of the trust as they were getting divorced.

                        im that guy. Im talking to a lawyer whos a buddy and a gun nut here just as soon as judge signs off on the divorce papers. I wasnt going to use the buddy when i started the other thread on pirate cause i figured ex was gonna suck( ya you are thinking the right way) him into being her lawyer,however he told her to get bent so we did it with out lawyers( she thinks).

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X