hunting, fishing, trappin, killin, and grilling 2020

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    hunting, fishing, trappin, killin, and grilling 2020

    I'll start it off!

    Spring black bear from Vancouver Island.

    Watched him and another bear fight for about 20 minutes before shooting the bigger one.
    https://youtu.be/EHKFC-VTo4k
    https://youtu.be/0jaAD04KOmE
    https://youtu.be/tBwh6Ig1cbI
    https://youtu.be/QdElqJ7dzJM
    https://youtu.be/PxhYkPTrqQc

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_859.jpg Views:	6 Size:	155.1 KB ID:	3134
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200418_095435.jpg Views:	0 Size:	834.0 KB ID:	3145
    Last edited by Squamch; 05-20-2020, 07:58 PM.

    #2
    Nice. Been wanting to do a spring bear hunt for awhile,now, it’s on the list. I turkey hunted but got busy after opening week so didn’t tag out.

    Caught my first largemouth and warmouth last Friday, I primarily fish the salt but have been trying to figure out the freshwater thing to get my 2 year old on some fish.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Squamch View Post
      I'll start it off!

      Spring black bear from Vancouver Island.

      Watched him and another bear fight for about 20 minutes before shooting the bigger one.
      https://youtu.be/EHKFC-VTo4k
      https://youtu.be/0jaAD04KOmE
      https://youtu.be/tBwh6Ig1cbI
      https://youtu.be/QdElqJ7dzJM
      https://youtu.be/PxhYkPTrqQc

      Click image for larger version Name:	image_859.jpg Views:	6 Size:	155.1 KB ID:	3134
      Click image for larger version Name:	20200418_095435.jpg Views:	0 Size:	834.0 KB ID:	3145
      Nice bear. What rifle, make and caliber?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by krttrkllr View Post

        Nice bear. What rifle, make and caliber?
        Thanks! First one, I've looked at an awful lot of em with a tag in my pocket, but this is the first one I've shot.
        Remington 710 30-06 that dad gave me for my 16th birthday. I often think about buying a new rifle, and actually have a nice model 70 in the safe...but I seem to reach for this one everytime anyway. It's got some rust from hard use, the first magazine broke 2 years ago on a moose hunt, and the factory bushnell 3-9x40 finally fogged a couple years ago. It's accounted for a lot of deer over the years, and a cougar last season, now this bear. Damn thing just keeps going bang and stuff keeps falling over.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Gatorgrizz27 View Post
          Nice. Been wanting to do a spring bear hunt for awhile,now, it’s on the list. I turkey hunted but got busy after opening week so didn’t tag out.

          Caught my first largemouth and warmouth last Friday, I primarily fish the salt but have been trying to figure out the freshwater thing to get my 2 year old on some fish.
          Deadly! I've never turkey hunted, they just opened the season up here, and they're schedule C. Kill em whenever and however in accordance with local bylaws. The only flock is suburban, so I'm pretty sure that a salmon landing net is the appropriate tool.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Squamch View Post

            Deadly! I've never turkey hunted, they just opened the season up here, and they're schedule C. Kill em whenever and however in accordance with local bylaws. The only flock is suburban, so I'm pretty sure that a salmon landing net is the appropriate tool.
            People kill them with bows here. You’ve either got to hit them in the neck or pin them to the ground for the most part though. And don’t shoot one in full strut, it’s all feathers.

            Comment


              #7
              Definitely fun kill Turks with the bow.

              Comment


                #8
                I'll have a few tuna pictures to contribute once we get going. Just waiting on them to show up. I know Squamsh from back in the mtb days. Also knock down quite a few Sitka blacktails every year. Nothing yet though

                Comment


                  #9

                  Comment


                    #10
                    No turkeys this year, but this was last year's:



                    That's with Great Great(?) Grandad's Remington Model 31.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Did some trout fishing with my oldest daughter, look at that smile! Pure joy!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Island rules View Post
                        I'll have a few tuna pictures to contribute once we get going. Just waiting on them to show up. I know Squamsh from back in the mtb days. Also knock down quite a few Sitka blacktails every year. Nothing yet though
                        You're from sooke and your brother is a coasty. Long time no talk buddy, how ya been??

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I've been good. Yeah u got that all correct. Super busy getting the Tuna boat ready for another 3 or 4 months of bloodbath. Nice spring bear you got there. I haven't been out with the rifle yet but thet are definitely pretty thick out here. Thats a pretty sweet video. I always liked seeing your posts over on pirate. Maybe I'll have to take a few more pictures on my charrlotte trip this year. Last year we knocked over 12 in a week. Was lots of fun

                          Comment


                            #14

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Thats what I call dinner. Looks like a fun day

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X