Heads Up Jeepers

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Heads Up Jeepers

    We've been talking forum consolidation in chit chat and in an effort to shrink things down a bit we're going to be dropping the Jeep section to just one forum. This will give people less places to have to look for cool builds.

    All your restoration, basic or newb Jeeps question can go there. If you got four link or one-ton projects, you'll probably want to head over to the General 4x4 forum.

    Now if all JKO or that kind of model specific forum decides to move over here one day we'll reevaluate. Until then we're staying small.

    We'll be making this move this weekend, your existing posts will all be moved to the Jeep forum, and if you want them moved elsewhere after just let me know.

    America is all about speed, hot nasty bad ass speed.
    -Elenore Roosevelt

    #2
    Interesting how my post got deleted, my bad for assuming this BB was supposed to be better than PBB... Same shit, same ass hats.

    Comment


      #3
      I figured you were just being a smart ass. cleaning up for moving stuff around ...
      America is all about speed, hot nasty bad ass speed.
      -Elenore Roosevelt

      Comment


        #4
        Holly jeeze
        yea Austin I think you cut the fat some there...

        one tribe could work...
        Maybe do early (cj and back)
        And late? yuppie jeeps (wrangler onward)
        ​​​​​​
        83, 22re,w56,ultimate duals,4:10 \31" arbs.
        hopes to grow up someday

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Clb View Post
          Holly jeeze
          yea Austin I think you cut the fat some there...

          one tribe could work...
          Maybe do early (cj and back)
          And late? yuppie jeeps (wrangler onward)
          ​​​​​​
          CJ7 and YJ share an awful lot in common actually. Lots of parts work on both and interchange. If anything I’d say keep it simple. Jeep hardcore and Jeep softcore. You want to slap a rough crappy lift and some shittybuilt bumpers on your Heep, softcore. Tons, links, phase 4 builds and above go on hardcore.

          1992 YJ Unlimited +
          Tons, 40s and stuff

          Comment


            #6
            Why do the Jeep guys need so many forums? At some point you have a built rig thats got a Jeep body part or two ... Thats a hard core rig for Gen 4x4. Leave the Jeep to newb questions, mild builds and restorations.

            I am a Jeep guy, so don't think i'm beating them up, just keeping shit on a level playing field.

            Just to give you an idea ... Everything else is going foreign / domestic so ...
            America is all about speed, hot nasty bad ass speed.
            -Elenore Roosevelt

            Comment


              #7
              I like it. Keep it simple. You could never cover every Jeep make that’s being built at some level these days.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Austin View Post
                Why do the Jeep guys need so many forums? At some point you have a built rig thats got a Jeep body part or two ... Thats a hard core rig for Gen 4x4. Leave the Jeep to newb questions, mild builds and restorations.

                I am a Jeep guy, so don't think i'm beating them up, just keeping shit on a level playing field.

                Just to give you an idea ... Everything else is going foreign / domestic so ...
                Because jeep guys are fags. :jeepwave:

                This is perfect.

                Would be fun to see a "unibody" forum in the future. I bet there are some cool oddball builds that would cross over with the Cherokees.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20171112_183049.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.1 KB ID:	10350this and that section...
                  austin how does the like button happen?
                  Attached Files
                  83, 22re,w56,ultimate duals,4:10 \31" arbs.
                  hopes to grow up someday

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Austin View Post

                    All your restoration, basic or newb Jeeps question can go there. If you got four link or one-ton projects, you'll probably want to head over to the General 4x4 forum.

                    Would it be easier for you to move my build thread to Gen4x4, or should I do it?

                    Blue Jeep build in the JK section.
                    Kevin

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Everything will go to jeep by default, then I can move from there
                      America is all about speed, hot nasty bad ass speed.
                      -Elenore Roosevelt

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Honestly I don't agree with the Jeep section being one as the way it is now allows me to focus on the model I have. I realize I have no say in this, but just voicing my opinion. What ever way it goes, I'll just learn to get around anyway.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I am all for one "Jeep" section. Having multiple models inside the jeep section just clutters things up.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I also like the idea of one big jeep forum. It makes it fun to browse through and see other people's projects that you wouldn't otherwise see. Keeps us from getting tunnel vision.

                            On the other hand, I remember when pirate didn't have a Jeep noob forum and everyone posted into one. There were a ton of hardcore builds in there and anytime someone wanted to know why their jeep wouldn't start or some other small question, they would get flamed into oblivion. It turned into another Gen4x4, where if you were not dovetailing your jeep skinned tube chassis on tons, you better not be taking. I remember having a CPS sensor issue on my 4.0 back then and getting shot down immediately.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Harry Johnson View Post
                              I also like the idea of one big jeep forum. It makes it fun to browse through and see other people's projects that you wouldn't otherwise see. Keeps us from getting tunnel vision.

                              On the other hand, I remember when pirate didn't have a Jeep noob forum and everyone posted into one. There were a ton of hardcore builds in there and anytime someone wanted to know why their jeep wouldn't start or some other small question, they would get flamed into oblivion. It turned into another Gen4x4, where if you were not dovetailing your jeep skinned tube chassis on tons, you better not be taking. I remember having a CPS sensor issue on my 4.0 back then and getting shot down immediately.
                              True, but that had to be several years ago, and this site, or the PBB, doesn't have that traffic level anymore. So far I've only seen a couple of hardcore jeep builds recently, yours being one. At this point I don't think anyone would care if you posted newb questions in the jeep forum, or any forum for that matter.

                              I've been pleasantly surprised by the willys section on the old PBB. It was relatively active compared to even the toyota section towards the end. There were some good builds in there too. I don't frequent it though because I don't own one of those jeeps and they just don't currently fit my family life. Combining it all into one jeep section will help to increase the visibility of individual threads. Keep in mind you only need to look at the threads you want to look at. If you don't want to look at JKs you can cruise past them and look at something else. I'm sure as traffic increases the sections will be seperated out a bit more once again. We have to get there first though.

                              As I recall the jeep newb section was added as a response to declining traffic levels. In addition to trying to seperate out some of the repeat questions wasn't it also part of the kinder, friendlier PBB to try to get new people to stick around a bit longer?

                              Kevin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X