Where You Stays At ? ? ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where You Stays At ? ? ?


    Where you at, what do you do ?
    What do you "wheel", and where do you "wheel" it ?


    I live on Lk. Livingston, Livingston Tx. I’m a Paramedic (almost 30 yrs) and work in Harris Co. Houston. Its a one way commute of 1.5 hrs but i work 24 hrs shifts and its only 9 shifts a month.

    My Jeep is a 2017 JKUR, purchased new in May of 17, up until this last year the jeep was my daily driver.
    Nothing fancy or technical, just about everything is bolt on stuff but short of the re-gear and mounting tires, I’ve done everything myself.

    3.5" MetalCloak GameChanger (I’m a MC fan boy) is what it is
    MC Tie rod/ drag link
    Adams F/R drive shafts
    EVAP relocation
    full set of MC skids, LOD sliders
    TenFactory rear axle shafts, RCV up front. D44 has been sleeved and Cs are gusseted. TeraFlex ball joints.
    Winch and bumpers
    37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    4:56 gears, done with 35s but still like them with the 37s, seem perfect with the Hwy miles i still do.
    MC aluminum fenders
    Various other minor stuff

    still to do/wish list
    Hydro assist (probably RedNeck because the PSC stuff is pricy but i want PSC)
    Brakes need "more Power"
    Bead Locks



    My 2 "home" places to wheel would be Barnwell Mt. in Gilmer Tx. and HiddenFalls near Marble Falls Tx.

    We love Hot Springs Ar. and go there as often as possible.
    Our most recent trip was to WindRock, we did it just the end of March smack in the middle of the Covid shit storm. WE debated heavily on going but the trip had been planned for many months, they stayed open.. We had a blast, and loved the entire trip.

    Trips we want to make ASAP
    Moab
    Ouray Co. Black Bear/Telluride area
    Rubicon Trail
    Last edited by Pmedic920; 05-24-2020, 01:32 PM.

    #2
    Struggling with uploading phots,
    Last edited by Pmedic920; 05-25-2020, 07:29 PM.

    Comment


      #3

      Click image for larger version
Name:	3BHdPMZ.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	532.7 KB
ID:	10810
      Click image for larger version
Name:	NaGQE8W.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	725.8 KB
ID:	10811 Click image for larger version
Name:	wiv9hCP.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	10812 Click image for larger version
Name:	sHcEBq6.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	10813


      I live in Western, Washington and work in the neurosurgery department at a level 1 trauma hospital doing brain ultrasounds.

      I drive an 07 JKU Sahara that is my DD.
      Its kinda built:
      2.5 inch RK X factor lift
      4.88 gears
      Air lockers
      Carbon Axles in the front
      Pro rock 44 front axle
      37 STT Pro
      4:1 t case,
      Crawler conceptz bumpers, home made spare swing out on the back
      poison spider frame mounted rocker Knockers.
      Light bar because Jeep
      I am sure I am forgetting things, I did all the work to it with a friend.

      wishlist:
      one ton steering, Hydro, Throttle controller, skids and eventually tons.

      I have wheeled other rigs done hammers, fordyce, rubicon in the old rig and plan to do the same with this one. Right now I dont get out as much as I want but it does get wheeled in WA.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Rockcrawlintoy View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	3BHdPMZ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	532.7 KB ID:	10810
        Click image for larger version  Name:	NaGQE8W.jpg Views:	0 Size:	725.8 KB ID:	10811 Click image for larger version  Name:	wiv9hCP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.1 KB ID:	10812 Click image for larger version  Name:	sHcEBq6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.9 KB ID:	10813


        I live in Western, Washington and work in the neurosurgery department at a level 1 trauma hospital doing brain ultrasounds.

        I drive an 07 JKU Sahara that is my DD.
        Its kinda built:
        2.5 inch RK X factor lift
        4.88 gears
        Air lockers
        Carbon Axles in the front
        Pro rock 44 front axle
        37 STT Pro
        4:1 t case,
        Crawler conceptz bumpers, home made spare swing out on the back
        poison spider frame mounted rocker Knockers.
        Light bar because Jeep
        I am sure I am forgetting things, I did all the work to it with a friend.

        wishlist:
        one ton steering, Hydro, Throttle controller, skids and eventually tons.

        I have wheeled other rigs done hammers, fordyce, rubicon in the old rig and plan to do the same with this one. Right now I dont get out as much as I want but it does get wheeled in WA.
        Cool beans.
        I grew up in the Spokane Area.
        migrated to Texas in “87”.

        GoHawks
        Last edited by Pmedic920; 05-24-2020, 04:34 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Pmedic920 View Post

          Cool beans.
          I grew up in the Spokane Area.
          migrated to Texas in “87”.

          GoHawks
          Awesome. I grew up in Cali and ended up in western Washington.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Pmedic920 View Post
            Where you at, what do you do ?
            What do you "wheel", and where do you "wheel" it ?


            I live on Lk. Livingston, Livingston Tx. I’m a Paramedic (almost 30 yrs) and work in Harris Co. Houston. Its a one way commute of 1.5 hrs but i work 24 hrs shifts and its only 9 shifts a month.

            My Jeep is a 2017 JKUR, purchased new in May of 17, up until this last year the jeep was my daily driver.
            Nothing fancy or technical, just about everything is bolt on stuff but short of the re-gear and mounting tires, I’ve done everything myself.

            3.5" MetalCloak GameChanger (I’m a MC fan boy) is what it is
            MC Tie rod/ drag link
            Adams F/R drive shafts
            EVAP relocation
            full set of MC skids, LOD sliders
            TenFactory rear axle shafts, RCV up front. D44 has been sleeved and Cs are gusseted. TeraFlex ball joints.
            Winch and bumpers
            37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
            4:56 gears, done with 35s but still like them with the 37s, seem perfect with the Hwy miles i still do.
            MC aluminum fenders
            Various other minor stuff

            still to do/wish list
            Hydro assist (probably RedNeck because the PSC stuff is pricy but i want PSC)
            Brakes need "more Power"
            Bead Locks



            My 2 "home" places to wheel would be Barnwell Mt. in Gilmer Tx. and HiddenFalls near Marble Falls Tx.

            We love Hot Springs Ar. and go there as often as possible.
            Our most recent trip was to WindRock, we did it just the end of March smack in the middle of the Covid shit storm. WE debated heavily on going but the trip had been planned for many months, they stayed open.. We had a blast, and loved the entire trip.

            Trips we want to make ASAP
            Moab
            Ouray Co. Black Bear/Telluride area
            Rubicon Trail
            I have a psc ram laying around somewhere if your interested. I am stuck between doing the hydro or just the big bore box and call it a day. I live in NJ so somewhat limited wheeling wise without hitting RC or NOAA over in PA. Been up to Maine a few times wheeling and can make it down to VA without too much fuss. Only spots we have local is some State forest trails (mudding) or join a club to access private land. I need to move-lol

            Comment


              #7
              I did pick these up today for a steal. Already have soft doors for the front but for $300 I couldn't pass em up. The uppers alone are more than what I paid. Also had the pockets inside. Just need to fix the color

              Comment


                #8
                New Iberia, Louisiana. About 2hrs west of New Orleans, 30mins from the gulf, or\ 15mins from the Tabasco plant

                I'm oilfield trash who whores myself out to the highest bidder anywhere in the world.
                Kevin

                Comment


                  #9
                  Communist occupied Vancouver island,
                  08 x
                  levelling kit, 4 dr rubicon springs
                  456 gears, grizzly rear, Aussie front, 32s
                  working on tons and 4d’s

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I live Memphis, Tn. I’m a project manager/engineer for a large physical security company. I have a company vehicle so the Jeep is just a toy.

                    My Jeep is a 2007 2dr JK and I have had it since 2010.
                    It has had a bunch of slow but steady upgrades done since day 1.

                    I started with a Rock Krawler lift and building front and rear bumpers and a tire carrier.

                    Most recently I swapped to Superduty axles and 40's
                    It's long armed, stretched 6" and has outboarded coilovers on the rear and Raceline beadlocks.

                    It has on board air, custom switches mounted over the windshield.

                    I think my next upgrade is going to be a NWF crawlbox and a NP205 or hydro assist of some sort.


                    I usually wheel at Hot Springs ORV or Hawk Pride in AL

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Live in Tucson Arizona. Retired Jarhead. Work currently as Environmental Health and Safety for Abrams Airborne which also owns Vltor and Milkor (look that one up),

                      Jeep is an 07 running 37's, have had it since August of 08. Wheel in Southern Arizona exclusively.

                      Running Clayton 3.5" with 1" BL.

                      Axles are trussed with RCV's up front and Factory Ten's in the back.

                      Hydro assist, OBA. Has only been left stranded one time and that was a shitty design on something.



                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Great stuff gentlemen.

                        I know that many of y’all know each other already but this is a new place/beginning.

                        i spent a small amount of time lurking @ pirate but not enough time to get to know anyone.
                        I’ve been a little active @ JKO, and although I don’t offer much I’ve really enjoyed most of the gang over there, and I see many making the jump.

                        it’s going to take a bit of sorting out, high tech vs bolt on but the commitment from ownership seems strong here, I have high hopes that this community with be strong.

                        I have no doubt that old bonds will be made stronger, and many new friendships will be spawned.

                        thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by USMC Gunny View Post
                          Live in Tucson Arizona. Retired Jarhead. Work currently as Environmental Health and Safety for Abrams Airborne which also owns Vltor and Milkor (look that one up),

                          Jeep is an 07 running 37's, have had it since August of 08. Wheel in Southern Arizona exclusively.

                          Running Clayton 3.5" with 1" BL.

                          Axles are trussed with RCV's up front and Factory Ten's in the back.

                          Hydro assist, OBA. Has only been left stranded one time and that was a shitty design on something.

                          Good to see you here Gunny. This new site is like the land of misfit toys.



                          Speaking of misfit toys.


                          Click image for larger version
Name:	LTL_01.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	13815
                          Last edited by gt1guy; 05-26-2020, 12:57 PM.
                          Kevin

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by gt1guy View Post


                            Good to see you here Gunny. This new site is like the land of misfit toys.



                            Speaking of misfit toys.


                            Click image for larger version
Name:	LTL_01.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	13815
                            You can buy one. Pony up 14K and get your tax stamp. It won't be a less than lethal though, it will be a full blown real deal one. Oh but the ammo is damm expensive.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Pmedic920 View Post
                              Great stuff gentlemen.

                              I know that many of y’all know each other already but this is a new place/beginning.

                              i spent a small amount of time lurking @ pirate but not enough time to get to know anyone.
                              I’ve been a little active @ JKO, and although I don’t offer much I’ve really enjoyed most of the gang over there, and I see many making the jump.

                              it’s going to take a bit of sorting out, high tech vs bolt on but the commitment from ownership seems strong here, I have high hopes that this community with be strong.

                              I have no doubt that old bonds will be made stronger, and many new friendships will be spawned.

                              thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.
                              FYI, I don't know anybody. I lurked on PBB and JKO for a long time. Figured I should be more active.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X