Shock tool overview

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Shock tool overview

    I know, i have a face for radio and a voice for print.


    #2
    I like how you used your super powers to move the vise out of the way.

    Thanks for taking the time to do this
    Last edited by rockmup; 06-13-2020, 04:34 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      Out takes. Probably better than the actual video.

       

      Comment


        #4
        Who makes that double ended spanner with the smaller spanners in the middle? I want to do some snooping inside my 2.5 Fox SxS shocks but am afraid I'll fuck them all up using the wrong tools/wrenches. A universal one that fits a few different configurations would be ideal.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by SLOWPOKE693 View Post
          Who makes that double ended spanner with the smaller spanners in the middle? I want to do some snooping inside my 2.5 Fox SxS shocks but am afraid I'll fuck them all up using the wrong tools/wrenches. A universal one that fits a few different configurations would be ideal.
          Poly Performance

          Poly Performance Universal Shock Spanner Wrench, 4015, SYN-4015, SYN4015, SSM-4015, SNM-4015

          Comment


            #6
            I just took a look at their shock tool section.

            Thanks!

            Comment


              #7
              What does the seal bullet do? Do you insert it through the seal before putting the shaft through?

              Comment


                #8
                The bullet goes over the shock tenon (where the piston bolts on) or the rodend threads (where the eyelet bolts) to allow the rod guide (seal carrier) to slide onto the shaft without tearing or damaging the seal. This part should have a very good surface finish.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by I Lean View Post
                  What does the seal bullet do? Do you insert it through the seal before putting the shaft through?
                  It makes it so you can't mess up the wiper and seals when pushing it the shaft through it, it goes over the threaded part of the shaft.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks for sharing this!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks for bring this over Frank! I was looking forward to it.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Yay for outtakes

                        For durometers, are cheap ones ($30-40) decent enough for light use?
                        - Buck

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by dnsfailure View Post
                          Yay for outtakes

                          For durometers, are cheap ones ($30-40) decent enough for light use?
                          I think mine was like $60 and it was as good as the $200 one that we used to have at work. 🤷‍♂️

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Thanks for posting, been waiting to see this. Noticed you had a couple of brass picks. Any certain reason to use brass?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I think that’s just cad plating. Those arent pics, they are seal pulling tools. They are definitely not soft. If they were they would probably deform before the seals were out.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X