Anyone ever owned a warn “trans4mer” push bar?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone ever owned a warn “trans4mer” push bar?

    What did you think of it? How thick is the material they use (uprights, tube wall thickness, etc)? I have the need for a winch on the front of my gmt800, and every winch bumper for them looks gay. Hidden winch mounts in the stock bumper are great until you need to service anything on the winch, and I’d much rather have someone else place a stamp of approval on something I might end up burying into a dumbass’s vehicle at 50+ mph for liability reasons instead of cobbling my own together. The warn push bar looks like it could be the ticket, but if I’m going to pay that much for a push bar it better be heavy duty.

    Should I have stuck this in tow rigs or newb instead?

    Michael.gonzalez is a cunt

    #2
    Originally posted by Broncokyle88 View Post
    What did you think of it? How thick is the material they use (uprights, tube wall thickness, etc)? I have the need for a winch on the front of my gmt800, and every winch bumper for them looks gay. Hidden winch mounts in the stock bumper are great until you need to service anything on the winch, and I’d much rather have someone else place a stamp of approval on something I might end up burying into a dumbass’s vehicle at 50+ mph for liability reasons instead of cobbling my own together. The warn push bar looks like it could be the ticket, but if I’m going to pay that much for a push bar it better be heavy duty.

    Should I have stuck this in tow rigs or newb instead?



    never owned one. Always thought they were cheesy.

    Having said that, we had an Amazon driver stuck part way off the road, and the owner of the delivery company had a Transformer... winched the dude out sideways with a snatch block after a neighbor with a JK and 9K winch couldn't move it. Thought the thing would flex a lot, but it didn't budge.

    So seems stronger than they look, I guess.

    Comment


      #3
      Haven’t owned one, but have looked at a few mounted to trucks, and read a bunch of reviews when I was considering getting one. From what I have read, they’re very well made and handle winching as well as any aftermarket mount. Seems like the powder coating holds up pretty well on the ones I’ve seen. There are a few other companies making them now, Westin being one off the top of my head.

      Comment


        #4
        Yeah dad has one on his first gen superduty. Works fine. He says it was a bitch to install, but he sucks at logic these days, so it might not.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Squamch View Post
          Yeah dad has one on his first gen superduty. Works fine. He says it was a bitch to install, but he sucks at logic these days, so it might not.
          Reviews I read kind of said the same thing about installation. Everything fits tightly, and it can be a pain to get everything to fit together.

          Comment


            #6
            I installed one years ago. Seemed reasonably well built and for occasional use more than enough. I do seem to remember having to modify a wrench to get the brackets bolted into the frame on an '11 F350. That was the only real annoying part.

            Comment


              #7
              Cool, I’m glad to see mostly positive feedback on them. I’m not expecting it to be a 100% rock solid plate bumper. I’m not wheeling the truck, I just need something that will hold a winch solid.

              I think I fit their target demographic with this.I don’t need a big gay bumper, but I’d really like a winch and a sturdy push bar. I find having a winch would be incredibly helpful 1-2 times a month for around the house projects, moving dead cars, and tree stuff. Approach angle isn’t a huge concern. And a push bar would be really nice to have to strap an old tire to for pushing shit around.
              Michael.gonzalez is a cunt

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Broncokyle88 View Post
                Cool, I’m glad to see mostly positive feedback on them. I’m not expecting it to be a 100% rock solid plate bumper. I’m not wheeling the truck, I just need something that will hold a winch solid.

                I think I fit their target demographic with this.I don’t need a big gay bumper, but I’d really like a winch and a sturdy push bar. I find having a winch would be incredibly helpful 1-2 times a month for around the house projects, moving dead cars, and tree stuff. Approach angle isn’t a huge concern. And a push bar would be really nice to have to strap an old tire to for pushing shit around.
                Similar reason why I was looking at one. I do like the Warn Ascent line of bumpers. They seem to be a little less bulky than most.

                Comment


                  #9
                  One thing to note, it won't accept an 8274, and even if you weld a plate on the front of the mounting plate to take one, there isn't enough room for an 8274.

                  Whoops.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Squamch View Post
                    One thing to note, it won't accept an 8274, and even if you weld a plate on the front of the mounting plate to take one, there isn't enough room for an 8274.

                    Whoops.
                    That’s gotta suck to find out the hard way. Luckily i don’t have a winch for it yet. I’m thinking a 9.5ti, I’ve used them before and liked them, or maybe an m8000
                    Michael.gonzalez is a cunt

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Broncokyle88 View Post

                      That’s gotta suck to find out the hard way. Luckily i don’t have a winch for it yet. I’m thinking a 9.5ti, I’ve used them before and liked them, or maybe an m8000
                      Yeah it sucked. Spidr welded the plate in, dad got it mounted, then calls me like "Heeeyyyy....so what kinda winches you have lying around?"

                      Of course, I had 3 8274s, so I could totally loan him one.

                      Ended up borrowing an m8000 off a buddy's wheeler for our moose trip.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Squamch View Post

                        Yeah it sucked. Spidr welded the plate in, dad got it mounted, then calls me like "Heeeyyyy....so what kinda winches you have lying around?"

                        Of course, I had 3 8274s, so I could totally loan him one.

                        Ended up borrowing an m8000 off a buddy's wheeler for our moose trip.

                        Thats how shit usually works out for me too
                        Michael.gonzalez is a cunt

                        Comment


                          #13
                          i have one on my 2019 f550, i actually bought the upright to mimic the push bar on my 2001 and it looked goofy as fuck and i never mounted. Base plate system works good. I also have a 2/0 battery quick connect mounted next to my warn 15k.

                          I pull some big heavy shit with that winch. with a snatch block ive been well over the winches rating and everythings been fine.

                          I did replace all the hardware with grade 8 cause the supplied shit was grade 5, i also shit canned the split washers and nuts in favor for c-nuts ( the nut with the crown that has a imperfect thread)
                          Last edited by A_G; 06-07-2020, 07:32 PM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Click image for larger version
Name:	B2C9CF9E-7361-415A-B97D-6A5F3150AA27.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	32038 Click image for larger version
Name:	9EE9D7C4-CD48-47DE-80C6-D51B91BE5D11.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	32037 Click image for larger version
Name:	26D34745-475F-45DB-8559-177DFD2C22E5.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	32036
                            Originally posted by A_G View Post
                            i have one on my 2019 f550, i actually bought the upright to mimic the push bar on my 2001 and it looked goofy as fuck and i never mounted. Base plate system works good. I also have a 2/0 battery quick connect mounted next to my warn 15k.

                            I pull some big heavy shit with that winch. with a snatch block ive been well over the winches rating and everythings been fine.

                            I did replace all the hardware with grade 8 cause the supplied shit was grade 5, i also shit canned the split washers and nuts in favor for c-nuts ( the nut with the crown that has a imperfect thread)
                            That’s good to hear a positive firsthand review, especially from someone who no doubt uses it harder than I will. They do look kind of funky sticking out as far as they do, but it doesn’t seem obnoxious for the gmt800 trucks. That’s damn good info on the hardware though, I was already planning on swapping the nuts out for nylocks if I go this route, stover nuts might be a better option though.

                            I was kind of thinking about the idea of sticking an Anderson plug on the side of the upright, so when it’s time for jumper cables I can just unplug the winch and plug in a set of cables. Is that something you’d recommend doing?
                            Last edited by Broncokyle88; 06-07-2020, 08:27 PM. Reason: Added random internet pictures of a truck with the warn pushbar for reference
                            Michael.gonzalez is a cunt

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Broncokyle88 View Post
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	B2C9CF9E-7361-415A-B97D-6A5F3150AA27.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	32038 Click image for larger version  Name:	9EE9D7C4-CD48-47DE-80C6-D51B91BE5D11.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	76.3 KB ID:	32037 Click image for larger version  Name:	26D34745-475F-45DB-8559-177DFD2C22E5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	32036

                              That’s good to hear a positive firsthand review, especially from someone who no doubt uses it harder than I will. They do look kind of funky sticking out as far as they do, but it doesn’t seem obnoxious for the gmt800 trucks. That’s damn good info on the hardware though, I was already planning on swapping the nuts out for nylocks if I go this route, stover nuts might be a better option though.

                              I was kind of thinking about the idea of sticking an Anderson plug on the side of the upright, so when it’s time for jumper cables I can just unplug the winch and plug in a set of cables. Is that something you’d recommend doing?
                              So i realize now that i had the gen II transformer

                              But my 01 had the style like you posted above.

                              The quick connect i was referring to is the anderson connector your talking about. I had one on my old truck ran to the back bumper too and two 8d batteries but you know its a service truck. new truck just have a quick connect on the passenger side of the winch. Ill dig up some photos from my phone give me a second.

                              old truck was wired seperate from winch, new truck the quick connect is wired with winch battery connections. new f550's dont have room to be running seperate runs

                              Edit: the with the winch im referring to is at the connection to the winch i just added a wire coming out to the anderson, it doesnt make any difference and its not hurting anything, so you wouldnt need to unplug your winch to use the jump.
                              Last edited by A_G; 06-07-2020, 09:15 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X