X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YotaAtieToo View Post

Welcome to owning a golf cart. You buy one because they're "ready to go" only to find out they break more than a clapped out toyota or Sami
    yup, broke an axle on my Can Am RC first time I got it stuck.

Comment

Click image for larger version
Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	159970 Click image for larger version
Name:	
Size:	464.7 KB
ID:	159971 Click image for larger version
Name:	
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	159972 Ran into a bit of a snag on the steering rack. Trying to order. I want to replace broken parts with bad ass aftermarket parts and the 18 to current machines aren’t currently supported by bad ass aftermarket racks. I’m still hung up on that part currently, hoping to have a solution for that in the next couple days.

In the meantime I needed to get something done so I addressed the smashed in rear of it. Got tail ended by the winner at Moab when I ended up in the way. It cratered everything plastic from the Chassis back. I wanted to do a bed delete this winter anyway so for a test drive of that I cut it all off. Had to make a new chassis side latch for the spare tire carrier. Doesn’t look like much but took a half a day to back half it.

Comment

Would this work: https://shocktherapyst.com/race-rack...y-long-pinion/

Comment

That’s what I want more than anything!!! Got a problem though. The whole front of my car has been converted to Turbo S stuff from regular ol XP/T. The big hang up is the diff swap. No one can tell me if that big rack will fit in it’s space which the differential also now occupies. I had to grind on the factory steering rack to fit the big diff. I don’t want to pay for $1000 dollar rack, have to grind on it making it non returnable, and then finding out it doesn’t fit.

Comment

Originally posted by JR4X View Post
            That’s what I want more than anything!!! Got a problem though. The whole front of my car has been converted to Turbo S stuff from regular ol XP/T. The big hang up is the diff swap. No one can tell me if that big rack will fit in it’s space which the differential also now occupies. I had to grind on the factory steering rack to fit the big diff. I don’t want to pay for $1000 dollar rack, have to grind on it making it non returnable, and then finding out it doesn’t fit.
            Make it fit. If you have to raise the mounting point on the chassis to do so, moving the outer tie rods the same distance will eliminate the bump steer. Easy peasy....

Hurry up so I can see this think in OK in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE693 View Post

Make it fit. If you have to raise the mounting point on the chassis to do so, moving the outer tie rods the same distance will eliminate the bump steer. Easy peasy....

Hurry up so I can see this think in OK in a few weeks.

Got it solved for now. I hate learning stuff the hard way. Sooooo. 18 to current Polaris machines aren’t currently supported by the aftermarket with a direct replacement steering rack. However it’s a simple fix, 2015 to 2017 steering racks bolt right in with the use of the steering column intermediate shaft also from a 2015 to 2017. I cut my shaft in half and extended it with a sleeve while waiting to find for sure that there is a bolt in solution. I’ll have it in Oklahoma for round 2 of big fat desert car racing in the trees.

Without completely cutting the front chassis off and starting over there’s no where and no way to move the rack up or down. To much other stuff occupying the same space. If I had more time I’d like to front half it and move the rack in front of the diff. I’m formulating an idea of how best to do that for later.
              Last edited by JR4X; 4 days ago.

Comment

I can assure you its tight at Cross Bar Ranch. I've been there with my neighbor in his Polaris Ranger a couple times. Haven't taken my Talon there yet..... And maybe never will.

Run big wide tre kickers to keep your rear tires from hooking the trees or you will be posting about replacing one side of the rear suspension next.

Comment

Working...
                X