93 Crew Cab Build

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    93 Crew Cab Build

    Just recently discovered this forum. I'm copy/pasting my build thread from the other place. I've been away from pirate for a while and it looks like it went from bad to worse!

    So this is my shitty project I started a long time ago and it has spent the majority of its time sitting in my driveway. I've managed to keep it running. Never have much time or interest in working on it. As my kids have gotten older, I'm trying to get back into going wheeling again, so I'll be updating my progress on the latest redo.


    Bought a 93 CC LB on Craigslist for the balljoint Dana60. I pulled both axles and swapped them into my DD 96 F250. The parts truck had a blown motor and was generally scrap metal, but I decided to keep it after selling the blown 7.3L IDI motor with Banks Sidewinder kit for more than I paid for the truck.




    The day I bought it. $700

    Click image for larger version
Name:	93 cc on trailer.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	164772




    Yanked the old 7.3 idi.
    Sold the motor for $900, sold the D50 TTB from my daily driver for $150.

    Click image for larger version
Name:	ipad-dump-785_15777516712_o.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	392.4 KB
ID:	164778



    Kingpin Dana 60 and 14 Bolt axles. H1 wheels and 42's I bought from a buddy parting out his old rig. Rebuilt the axles with 5.38s. Welded the rear diff and swapped disc brakes on. Lockright in the front. 35 spline chromo's with drive flanges. Plated the factory knuckles and welded on some home made hi-steer arms. I saved my full hydro setup from my old samurai buggy that I parted out.
    Click image for larger version
Name:	004_15587935630_o.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	352.8 KB
ID:	164779 Click image for larger version
Name:	003_15749037826_o.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	164775 Click image for larger version
Name:	image_3_15775141371_o.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	164776


    Doing my best to include the pics in order...
    Attached Files

    #2
    Put the axles in. Pushed front axle forward about 4 or 5" from stock location. Frame was bent in the front end so I cut it off and used some scrap tube.
    Attached Files

    Comment


      #3
      The motor came out of a 1970 cadillac. I had most of the parts to rebuild the motor from a previous project that went away, so I figured this was the best route to having a decent power plant.
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        put the motor in with a caddy th400 trans. Swapped the tailshaft out for a chevy length with adapter to use a ford NP205. Had to use a 32 spline input gear on the NP205 to mate to the GM output shaft.

        the frame was too long so I cut it down a couple feet. Shortened the bed to match.
        Attached Files

        Comment


          #5
          Slapped it together. This was fun for a few trips, but the carburetor sucked and it was very unrefined. Had issues with wiring. Starter was weak, fuel system had problems, but it did look cool.
          Attached Files

          Comment


            #6
            Pics from a trip to Katemcy Rocks
            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              Gilmer TX
              Attached Files

              Comment


                #8
                Half my pictures are too large to upload? seems weird... Anyway, I eventually ported the heads and installed bigger valves which led to me rolling the truck in a field. Then I decided to put a cage in. The cage was done quickly and it was as crooked as the cab and frame, but it was better than nothing. I also ditched the bed, as it was f'd up and the tailgate was no longer functional. Used scrap metal and some 2x10's to make a quick and dirty flat bed.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                  #9
                  So after breaking and twisting several rear driveshafts I got froggy any decided to shorten the wheelbase instead of replacing the driveshaft again. Ordered a link kit and a PRP rear bench for the kiddos and got busy earlier this year.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hacking away. Hard to decide when to stop cutting.
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Decided to get rid of the rest of the cage and add some sliders.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Things shaping up. Reused most of the old cage a few extra sticks of tube. Used mostly 1.75x.120 DOM but have a bit of HREW mixed in.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                          #13
                          How it is currently. Got a WOD driveshaft kit welded up. Ordered a couple 16" radflo coil overs. Hoping to have a fuel cell and battery strapped down this weekend so I can take it on a test spin around the neighborhood.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                            #14
                            That escalated quickly, I like it

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Cant tell you how many times I've looked at your build thread at pirate. Always loved the crew cab wheeler style, but look forward to seeing the new build!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X