Ultra4 King of the Hammers Week | Jan 29–Feb 6 | | Johnson Valley, CA

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    CA Ultra4 King of the Hammers Week | Jan 29–Feb 6 | | Johnson Valley, CA

    Details will be updated when available ... but be there.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	koh.jpg Views:	17 Size:	71.3 KB ID:	101093
    Starts
    01-29-2021
    Ends
    02-06-2021
    Location
    Johnson Valley, CA
    America is all about speed, hot nasty bad ass speed.
    -Elenore Roosevelt

    #2
    Anybody going? I plan on being here, not sure what people do for lodging or camping. I'd love to borrow my dad's 5th wheel but it's his new baby, do people fly in to someplace close and rent RVs? or?

    An irate night in Vegas could be fun
    America is all about speed, hot nasty bad ass speed.
    -Elenore Roosevelt

    Comment


      #3
      I am planning on being there, but what are the odds that it is still going to happen being that it is in California? It seems like a lot of events are still getting cancelled or are in danger of cancellation...

      Comment


        #4
        I will be there for sure, staying at our property that's down the wash a bit towards giant rock, out and away from the dust

        Comment


          #5
          Man I'd be pretty upset if Commiefornia forces a cancelation ....
          America is all about speed, hot nasty bad ass speed.
          -Elenore Roosevelt

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Austin View Post
            . . . An irate night in Vegas could be fun
            Yes it would.
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Redneck-at-Large

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by '84 Bronco II View Post
              I am planning on being there, but what are the odds that it is still going to happen being that it is in California? It seems like a lot of events are still getting cancelled or are in danger of cancellation...
              I would not be remotely surprised it gets "cancelled". But if that happens, besides the actual race and "formal" events stopping, I'm not sure how you could stop all the people showing up. It's public land and open desert, seems like it'd be hard to stop 30,000 people showing up and just posting their camp sites in random spots. It's not like Boone road is the only way in. I feel like a lot/most people don't care for the racing anyways and are more there to party and go wheeling with their friends for a week.

              TL;DR -- Will get cancelled, so no race but everyone will still be there.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by snivilous View Post

                I would not be remotely surprised it gets "cancelled". But if that happens, besides the actual race and "formal" events stopping, I'm not sure how you could stop all the people showing up. It's public land and open desert, seems like it'd be hard to stop 30,000 people showing up and just posting their camp sites in random spots. It's not like Boone road is the only way in. I feel like a lot/most people don't care for the racing anyways and are more there to party and go wheeling with their friends for a week.

                TL;DR -- Will get cancelled, so no race but everyone will still be there.
                true. Several other races have been canceled to the public, but the races were still held.
                America is all about speed, hot nasty bad ass speed.
                -Elenore Roosevelt

                Comment


                  #9
                  I am planning on going, it will be my first trip out there. It's probably going to be a shitty year to go but that's life. I have a few friends who will be out there working, but don't know anyone else. Probably going to fly out and rent something to drive out there. If it works out, I'd be down to meet up with some folks

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Austin View Post
                    Anybody going? I plan on being here, not sure what people do for lodging or camping. I'd love to borrow my dad's 5th wheel but it's his new baby, do people fly in to someplace close and rent RVs? or?

                    An irate night in Vegas could be fun
                    http://www.bigbearrvrentals.com
                    https://www.elmonterv.com/rv-rental/...le-rv-rentals/

                    I've used both. Big Bear is probably booked out, El Monte is part of a larger network and brings rv's from all over.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I'll be there. I go every year but I live in San Diego so logistics are easier. I agree with above that stuff will happen regardless of CA. Dave Cole and many others have private property there and could easily have an unofficial start/finish line for people "not racing just recreating". And OP yes many people fly and rent RV's/stay with real or internet friends/hotel near by or rent a car and buy a tent. Closest airport is Ontario CA but Las Vegas isn't much further away.


                      Comment


                        #12
                        my next question was .... is it that F'n messy/dusty there? My dad has a really nice 5th wheel that I wouldn't think of getting all dirty
                        America is all about speed, hot nasty bad ass speed.
                        -Elenore Roosevelt

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Austin View Post
                          my next question was .... is it that F'n messy/dusty there? My dad has a really nice 5th wheel that I wouldn't think of getting all dirty
                          Dust gets everywhere Imagine tens of thousands of people driving around non-stop on flour at all hours of the day and night.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Austin View Post
                            my next question was .... is it that F'n messy/dusty there? My dad has a really nice 5th wheel that I wouldn't think of getting all dirty
                            Like '84 Bronco said, dust and sand will get everywhere if you're on the lake bed. We had a buddy camp down there to help pit, tried to keep his rv closed up and sealed as best he could, but the dust and sand always finds a way in. If you are wanting to keep it clean, I'd avoid camping dead nuts center on the lake bed at a minimum.

                            One year it rained the week before, and it kept the dust down more than I've ever seen, but the year after it was dusty as fuck as normal lol. You can see the cloud of dust from miles away, not joking.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Grronk View Post

                              Like '84 Bronco said, dust and sand will get everywhere if you're on the lake bed. We had a buddy camp down there to help pit, tried to keep his rv closed up and sealed as best he could, but the dust and sand always finds a way in. If you are wanting to keep it clean, I'd avoid camping dead nuts center on the lake bed at a minimum.

                              One year it rained the week before, and it kept the dust down more than I've ever seen, but the year after it was dusty as fuck as normal lol. You can see the cloud of dust from miles away, not joking.
                              I think it was 2 ago (2019), I could see the dust cloud just before we got to Twentynine Palms.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X