Winch bumper

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Winch bumper

    Looking for a decent one for my truck, most of them either look stupid, or are stupid expensive. Any ideas?
    So far this one from "hammerhead" looks decent.
    https://www.carid.com/hammerhead/ful...4&url=91081562

    #2
    I've been looking for something too.. mostly for deer protection that doesn't look stoopid.. so I will be following.

    Comment


      #3
      What the fuck is your truck?
      :ogre:

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by total newb View Post
        What the fuck is your truck?
        2016 3500

        Comment


          #5
          I keep going back to ranch hand bumpers for some reason.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Poriggity View Post
            I keep going back to ranch hand bumpers for some reason.
            They may make a decent bumper, but their powder coating sucks.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by surpip View Post
              Looking for a decent one for my truck, most of them either look stupid, or are stupid expensive. Any ideas?
              So far this one from "hammerhead" looks decent.
              https://www.carid.com/hammerhead/ful...4&url=91081562
              Try to find one to look at in person. Seems like they hang off the truck like a fat lip. There are some with nice lines, but you will probably spend $2K+ to get one.

              Comment


                #8
                This is what I used on my 03. It's actually designed for the 4th gen body style, and is a direct bolt on for them. I had to make a few slight modifications to my front bumper since the third gen body style has slightly smaller air dam gap.
                Last edited by Dennhop; 05-27-2020, 05:35 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  In case my attachments don't load, as my internet is crap, here's a link to what I used.

                  https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...8aAs-kEALw_wcB

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Not for everyone but I have a road armor with Titan II guard on my 16 3500. I drive a minimum of 150 miles a day through deer and elk infested back highways so I need the extra protection.

                    Holds my warn 16.5 am about any lighting combo you’d want. I have 4 diode dynamics SS3 pro fogs 2 in yellow 2 in 4k white and a 40” baja designs hi-power. It definitely falls under the stupid expensive category but I found mine for $1500 used.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      You could always build your own .
                      michael. gonzalez sucks cawk.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Jnull View Post
                        Not for everyone but I have a road armor with Titan II guard on my 16 3500. I drive a minimum of 150 miles a day through deer and elk infested back highways so I need the extra protection.

                        Holds my warn 16.5 am about any lighting combo you’d want. I have 4 diode dynamics SS3 pro fogs 2 in yellow 2 in 4k white and a 40” baja designs hi-power. It definitely falls under the stupid expensive category but I found mine for $1500 used.
                        The deal breaker for me is the bars up front. If the guard folded down for easier engine bay access, I wouldnt mind it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Poriggity View Post

                          The deal breaker for me is the bars up front. If the guard folded down for easier engine bay access, I wouldnt mind it.
                          I have no issues working in the engine bay but I understand what you mean

                          Comment


                            #14

                            james at RLC FABRICATION built the bumper on my black 2001. It fits a m8000. I have never needed a big winch on my tow rigs, just a tool to drag trees, cars and farm stuff.
                            I am running a ranch hand With a m15000 on my 4500 work truck not because it looks cool but for the utility.

                            It would be nice to see some nice bumpers for the 4th gen trucks. My 2018 3500 srw needs a minimal high clearance winch bumper. I will probably end up building one in the shop around a small 9000lbs warn. It is not a hard core wheeler, just a high speed truck off road truck. If not just buy Thurens high clearance front bumper or build one similar. It doesn’t really need a winch for recovery.







                            Click image for larger version
Name:	652C5161-17CC-4DFF-89D6-6AC85C843F12.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	30344 Click image for larger version
Name:	image.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	634.2 KB
ID:	30343

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Since I'm in the city, here's my pics Click image for larger version
Name:	20200523_122125.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	494.5 KB
ID:	32677 Click image for larger version
Name:	20170411_104400.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	32678

                              Comment

                              Advertisement:
                              Advertisement:
                              Advertisement:
                              Advertisement:
                              Advertisement:
                              Advertisement:
                              Advertisement:
                              Working...
                              X