War on cash coin shortage

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    War on cash coin shortage

    THOUGHTS?

    Sound legit? Like bullshit?

    #2
    Believe theres another thread on it.

    I cannot confirm, nor deny, the federal government is playing dirty tricks on its subjects.

    Comment


      #3
      Whatcha talkin about Willis?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by TheFlyingDildocupine

        The goobermint is using this false flag manufactured plandemic to remove coins from circulation because fully traceable electronic only transactions lets the new world order hollow earth lizard people track everything you own and it's also somehow related to the number of the beast in the bibble.
        Or, there is an actual coin shortage due to the employees at the mints being affected by the short staff problems so many other manufacturers experienced. We got notice of the short staffing at the mints several months ago when all this crap started.

        Comment


          #5
          In my case I have a huge jar of change that the banks have been closed to walk in transactions so it's just sitting there accumulating. I would guess it's at least $150. I'm sure there are more like that.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by mrblaine View Post

            Or, there is an actual coin shortage due to the employees at the mints being affected by the short staff problems so many other manufacturers experienced. We got notice of the short staffing at the mints several months ago when all this crap started.
            Not sure how this would create a shortage... It could mean no newly minted coins, but it shouldn't have any impact on coins in circulation.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by rockota View Post

              Not sure how this would create a shortage... It could mean no newly minted coins, but it shouldn't have any impact on coins in circulation.
              Exactly, it's not like coins wear out. I don't think the good ol' change bucket would make that big a difference either, Interesting that I've heard of no other countries having this problem. I think something else is afoot here.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by mrblaine View Post

                Or, there is an actual coin shortage due to the employees at the mints being affected by the short staff problems so many other manufacturers experienced. We got notice of the short staffing at the mints several months ago when all this crap started.
                Gee, imagine that, a perfectly logical explanation that has nothing to do with tinfoil .gov conspiracies.
                Non Lemming

                Comment


                  #9
                  Coins just aren't circulating like they normally do. Everyone is doing Door dash with electronic payment instead of getting change at a restaurant and buying things on line rather than in person.

                  Even when I get something at a restaurant these days I am more likely to use a card or leave the coins to lessen my risk of having Covid exposure, however small that risk is. It must be driving germophobes batty!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by rockota View Post

                    Not sure how this would create a shortage... It could mean no newly minted coins, but it shouldn't have any impact on coins in circulation.
                    That's because you don't think past the end of your nose.
                    Non Lemming

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Johann View Post
                      Coins just aren't circulating like they normally do. Everyone is doing Door dash with electronic payment instead of getting change at a restaurant and buying things on line rather than in person.

                      Even when I get something at a restaurant these days I am more likely to use a card or leave the coins to lessen my risk of having Covid exposure, however small that risk is. It must be driving germophobes batty!
                      By that logic, we shouldn't be facing a coin shortage as coins are just sitting in place and not be exchanged. Any assortment of coins in the register are plenty as they are not, or rarely, used.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by clodhopper View Post

                        By that logic, we shouldn't be facing a coin shortage as coins are just sitting in place and not be exchanged. Any assortment of coins in the register are plenty as they are not, or rarely, used.
                        Perhaps, but remembering my time as a cashier looong ago in a 7-11 people would bring in tons of coins to pay for stuff, especially near payday. Scrape up what is in the jar at home and under the car mats to get what they need. I'll bet much more electronic payments these days both out of covid concern but also on line shopping of almost everything including groceries.

                        I wonder about paper money. Is there a similar issue?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I live in Colorado, work in New Mexico. Drive into NM in the morning and spend all day there. Yesterday when I was headed home, I needed gas. Stopped at the Speedway for fuel and tried to buy an IceCream bar with cash. They said they couldn't give change for cash, so I paid for 1.27 ICB with my debit card. Drive home to Colorado and SO wants to go to the grocery store. At the register my chick asks the gal at the till if they're still taking cash. The gal running the till (who is the daughter of the owner) replies "Is that really a thing?" So my chick has me tell her the ice cream bar story, to which gal running the till says "that's not a real thing" and exchanged our cash and coins no problem. So I asked if they have any problems getting their exchange done with the bank to which she says "no".

                          So I don't know what TF is going on.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by JR4X View Post
                            I live in Colorado, work in New Mexico. Drive into NM in the morning and spend all day there. Yesterday when I was headed home, I needed gas. Stopped at the Speedway for fuel and tried to buy an IceCream bar with cash. They said they couldn't give change for cash, so I paid for 1.27 ICB with my debit card. Drive home to Colorado and SO wants to go to the grocery store. At the register my chick asks the gal at the till if they're still taking cash. The gal running the till (who is the daughter of the owner) replies "Is that really a thing?" So my chick has me tell her the ice cream bar story, to which gal running the till says "that's not a real thing" and exchanged our cash and coins no problem. So I asked if they have any problems getting their exchange done with the bank to which she says "no".

                            So I don't know what TF is going on.
                            I've paid cash at the local supermarket here many times in the last year. Never had any problems.
                            Non Lemming

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by clodhopper View Post

                              By that logic, we shouldn't be facing a coin shortage as coins are just sitting in place and not be exchanged. Any assortment of coins in the register are plenty as they are not, or rarely, used.
                              Been a very long time since I've been behind a register... I suspect that it's possible that stores are making a bank run in the evenings to off-load their cash, and starting the till with a standard amount of cash in the AM or next shift. I can see that leading to potential shortage during a shift if no coins are coming in... but one would hope the retailer learns from that shift and adjusts...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X