Anybody own bitcoin?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anybody own bitcoin?

    Every so often I look into this. So far I've been scared off by complexity of buyin it. Anybody took the plunge?
    Check out my project
    https://irate4x4.com/general-4x4/2779-amphibious-hemtt

    #2
    its kinda late to jump in with hopes of making money... hahaha

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ArTi54N View Post
      its kinda late to jump in with hopes of making money... hahaha
      Well, there's 21 million bit coin. That's all there will ever be. Of course, it can be split infinitely. So in a hundred years people maybe dealing in 1/100 bitcoin. As long as it is not made illegal, it's value is garenteed to go up because every other currency keeps expanding. (Including gold, although at a much lesser rate) When I say expanding, I mean print more. (In the case of gold, mine more) They say a certain amount of bit coin disappears because people lose the key code which makes the remaining get more valuable. It's priced at about nine grand now, but has been as high as twenty, so there's money to be made just in fluctuation. But I was thinking more along the lines of when the dollar crashes. It's likely to sky rocket then.

      Right now im saying "I wish I bought it when it was $50" In ten years, I might be saying "I wish I bought it at $10,000".
      Check out my project
      https://irate4x4.com/general-4x4/2779-amphibious-hemtt

      Comment


        #4
        there are stocks that I have greater faith in.. but I no longer participate in the stock market..

        Comment


          #5
          I bought some a few years back. Then the broker I bought it though died or "died" and for some reason he was the only one who had the password to millions of dollars in crypto.
          Guess I should have listened to myself and moved it into a wallet instead of leaving it with the "exchange". Last I heard the lawyers were trying to have his body exhumed to make sure it was him in the grave. I doubt it is cause this is just too dumb. Least I doubled my investment and pulled 1/2 beforehand so I broke even...sort of.
          So moral of the story: If you buy cypto don't leave it with the exchange.

          Comment


            #6
            I bought a few of them when they were around $1k and sold at $17k. I am waiting for them to drop again to buy more.

            Comment


              #7
              Yes, we buy 3-4 different crypto currencies several times a month. It's not an investment, it's a rainy day fund. The way the dollar is going, it could be useful. We plan to not participate in a one world currency when it comes to that.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
              Live your life as the free human you are. You are beholden to no tyrannical "authority".

              Comment


                #8
                have some, pretty sure I've lost money on it.
                ....Just Add Lightness...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by DMG View Post
                  I bought a few of them when they were around $1k and sold at $17k. I am waiting for them to drop again to buy more.
                  Did you have a wallet? How did you pay for them? What was the process to sell? Did you buy and sell through the same outfit?
                  Check out my project
                  https://irate4x4.com/general-4x4/2779-amphibious-hemtt

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Man, I traded some PC hardware for three of them when they first came out. Like $500 worth of components. I traded them off for other other PC stuff, about $1000 components. This was like ten years ago. I couldn't tell you how I did it either. All I know that was a stupid freaking move.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I don't have any, I don't want any

                      yes, the amount of bitcoin is capped, but the amount of competing crypto currencies that can be brought to market to compete for market share is infinite, like Porsche and ford and everybody else coming into teslas EV market, maybe he made the demand, but others can fulfill the supply.

                      it was supposed to be this anonymous currency outside of the system, but it's not, the .Gov usd closing in on it. Kinda suspicious that an anonymous satoshi whatever the fuck creates the perfect currency you can commit fraud, sell drugs, buy children with, whatever, but then it turns out they can actually track you, trojam horse? Trap?

                      also, it could be a piece in the war on cash, cash is anonymous, it is necessary for freedom, I'm suspicious that this is a play to do away with cash and make small exchanges tracked, regulated, taxed. And if you step out of line, you get shutoff. 1984

                      From an investment standpoint, it's already run from $20 to almost 20k. When a lists his 04 impala with 22s and a trash bag rear window for sale, and says he'll take bitcoin or other "cryptoZ" you're late to the party, it's late in the cycle, the mania has already arrived and you need to find something to invest in that nobody has heard of.

                      What's the quote, "I don't know what weapons ww3 will be fought with, but ww4 will be fought with sticks and stones"?
                      In 100 years we're more likely going to be trading in seashells than bitcoin

                      I'd rather buy a skid steer, in 30 years it'll still be useful

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by WaterH View Post
                        Every so often I look into this. So far I've been scared off by complexity of buyin it. Anybody took the plunge?
                        I bought a good bunch at around $100 and $632, and I sold it at $9,000 and $6,000 back in.... 2018?

                        No I'm not a millionaire.

                        I don't own any more of it. It's a volatile market, you could make money on it but it's sooooooo full of half-assed 'Entrepreneurs'.

                        Also China and Russia are known to control a good deal of the market now. So however much you trust them is how much you trust Shitcoin.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by woods View Post
                          Man, I traded some PC hardware for three of them when they first came out. Like $500 worth of components. I traded them off for other other PC stuff, about $1000 components. This was like ten years ago. I couldn't tell you how I did it either. All I know that was a stupid freaking move.
                          Better than 10,000 BTC for an order of two pizzas. That actually did happen.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Paladin View Post
                            I bought some a few years back. Then the broker I bought it though died or "died" and for some reason he was the only one who had the password to millions of dollars in crypto.
                            Guess I should have listened to myself and moved it into a wallet instead of leaving it with the "exchange". Last I heard the lawyers were trying to have his body exhumed to make sure it was him in the grave. I doubt it is cause this is just too dumb. Least I doubled my investment and pulled 1/2 beforehand so I broke even...sort of.
                            So moral of the story: If you buy cypto don't leave it with the exchange.
                            If this was after Mt. Gox controversy you learned a very painful lesson. I mean you did before hand but if it was after Mt. Gox got cracked, you really mucked up.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by WaterH View Post

                              Well, there's 21 million bit coin. That's all there will ever be. Of course, it can be split infinitely. So in a hundred years people maybe dealing in 1/100 bitcoin. As long as it is not made illegal, it's value is garenteed to go up because every other currency keeps expanding. (Including gold, although at a much lesser rate) When I say expanding, I mean print more. (In the case of gold, mine more) They say a certain amount of bit coin disappears because people lose the key code which makes the remaining get more valuable. It's priced at about nine grand now, but has been as high as twenty, so there's money to be made just in fluctuation. But I was thinking more along the lines of when the dollar crashes. It's likely to sky rocket then.

                              Right now im saying "I wish I bought it when it was $50" In ten years, I might be saying "I wish I bought it at $10,000".
                              It is already being dealt with in granularity of less than 1/100th. The whole 'deflationary' thing was a scam.

                              I wish I had invested $10,000 in it when it was under $100, but I didn't. Still, I made out and bought some stuff with it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X