And refrigerator mechanics here?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    And refrigerator mechanics here?

    Well my old ass Alana 20 fridge is starting to ice up down in the freezer. I believe that it’s the freezer door seal.

    Can these be replaced? And if so, anyone got a direction to point a guy for old ass refrigerator parts/knowledge?

    #2
    I just ordered our sixth(?) ice maker for our twenty five year old fridge. Amazon has always worked for me

    And yeah, sounds like a bad door seal
    Army Veteran

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Mr Stubs View Post
      Well my old ass Alana 20 fridge is starting to ice up down in the freezer. I believe that it’s the freezer door seal.

      Can these be replaced? And if so, anyone got a direction to point a guy for old ass refrigerator parts/knowledge?
      I did an ice / water controller in the door on a 20 year old GE, punch the serial or model# into the internet, you might be surprised.

      Comment


        #4
        Judd and Black appliance service centers have always done me right. I don't know if you have one in your neck of Wa.

        Tell them what your problems are and they will have the parts for you, or let you know if it's more economical to replace the unit itself.

        Comment


          #5
          Go to partselect.com and enter the make and model#. They will have the part and a video of how perform the repair.
          Ive done repairs on all of my appliances using their parts and videos.

          Comment


            #6
            It's not defrosting. The heating element is probably shot. Doubt it's the seal but sound like it may be bad if you see something wrong with it.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Boss View Post
              It's not defrosting. The heating element is probably shot. Doubt it's the seal but sound like it may be bad if you see something wrong with it.
              This.

              And the heater has a little hot wire that goes down into a drain hole.
              Youtube will probably help.

              Comment


                #8
                https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-Fo...igerator-Parts

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by SLiggwood View Post

                  This.

                  And the heater has a little hot wire that goes down into a drain hole.
                  Youtube will probably help.
                  The hot wire prevents the hole from icing over. Sometimes it just gets iced over and can’t thaw fast enough.... I’d try unplugging, thaw and clean.
                  I had a service guy actually place a copper tubin the hole in hopes it would help conduct and hold the heat!!!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It could be the defrost drain is clogged. I have old fridges in my apartments. That clogged drain is the number one problem. The defrost starts, but the water has nowhere to go and it just freezes back up after the cycle ends.
                    Check out my project
                    https://irate4x4.com/general-4x4/2779-amphibious-hemtt

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X