Canned food, the next above ground pools?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Canned food, the next above ground pools?

    Covid 19, we're all gonna die

    I rolled my weights into above ground pools, now rolling that money into canned food, mostly protein, stuff with meat. I've had a chest freezer for a couple years now, it's full.

    The narrative is that there's gonna be a "second wave"
    To be clear, I'm not concerned about the Chinese flu, I'm concerned about the government shutting down production and distribution in the name of a globalist agenda.

    Maybe some of you old timers can remember back in the old days, like April when the stores looked like Venezuela. I think it could happen again.

    Hard to say when, I'm thinking October to election time.

    Hopefully I'm wrong and well have a meet and greet at my house, dinty Moore stew, chili, Vienna sausages, and a fuck ton of Best by April 2022

    that's it, I'm dollar cost averaging grams of protein instead of day trading stocks ymmv

    #2
    Freezer is still stocked with deer from the winter, plus the other meats I always stash when I find deals, which was 4-5 moths ago. Gonna pull a brisket out for next weekend, even though it’s worth gold now.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Rttoys View Post
      Freezer is still stocked with deer from the winter, plus the other meats I always stash when I find deals, which was 4-5 moths ago. Gonna pull a brisket out for next weekend, even though it’s worth gold now.
      HEB had a section full of packer briskets yesterday. Saw it was a limit of 2, but didn’t look at the price.


      Edit: Our HEB is once again out of TP and paper towels. Never really restocked on cleaning supplies.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Aggie06 View Post

        HEB had a section full of packer briskets yesterday. Saw it was a limit of 2, but didn’t look at the price.


        Edit: Our HEB is once again out of TP and paper towels. Never really restocked on cleaning supplies.
        We just got back from heb in Brenham. There were plenty of briskets, but they are $3:50/lbs. roughly $50-65 per brisket. I paid $23 for the same sized one, back in March.

        oh. And no mask required in Brenham.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Rttoys View Post

          We just got back from heb in Brenham. There were plenty of briskets, but they are $3:50/lbs. roughly $50-65 per brisket. I paid $23 for the same sized one, back in March.

          oh. And no mask required in Brenham.
          Corpus started requiring face mask as of yesterday. I think Portland’s started today.

          Comment


            #6
            I was joking with mom that we needed to go on a shopping trip that one of the freezers had a 2 inch gap on top!

            We were supposed to go to AZ starting on the third for family birthdays that got shut down after varouse female famliy members heard that if we crossed the border we would have to be in quareantine for 14 days, when I told them I have looked on line and the only people who have to go into quarantine are those who fly in from certain cities. Oh no, this Aunt or that heard it on the TV news. That's okay saved us $1,000 plus dollars in hotel bills, fuel, food... going into canned goods and reworking the back porch!
            Last edited by bigun; 06-27-2020, 06:43 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Projectjunkie View Post
              Covid 19, we're all gonna die

              I rolled my weights into above ground pools, now rolling that money into canned food, mostly protein, stuff with meat. I've had a chest freezer for a couple years now, it's full.

              The narrative is that there's gonna be a "second wave"
              To be clear, I'm not concerned about the Chinese flu, I'm concerned about the government shutting down production and distribution in the name of a globalist agenda.

              Maybe some of you old timers can remember back in the old days, like April when the stores looked like Venezuela. I think it could happen again.
              mv
              April? I was prepped and had TP bought by Feb 1.

              Buncha Latecomers.

              Spanish Flu came back with a vengeance in the 2nd wave, and started killing 20 and 30 year olds.

              Globalist Agenda? So you bought food but didn't go out and protest the Riots? Give me a fuckin' break.

              Did any of you even write a Letter to the Editor, or ANYTHING besides piss and moan?

              SARS-CoV-19 could very well mutate into a goddamned killer, that's what you should be worried about.

              Comment


                #8
                Here in the Midwest, things are just opening back up and people are seemingly forgetting about it already. I haven't had to shop for paper products or cleaning supplies since before all of this because of Costco and it just being the two of us, but I did notice that there were paper towels at the farm supply store today. Really the only meat that we buy is chicken and have not had to buy any lately- what we do buy is typically bone in, so not the more expensive cuts.

                Early in March I couldn't sleep one night so went to the grocery store before work at around 4am and bought a few grocery sacks of filler food that we don't typically eat; pasta, instant potatoes, spaghetti sauce, evaporated milk, etc. It's still all in the pantry. We have a chest and upright freezer that are stocked, our garden is starting to produce with other seedlings set to go in behind them and the river is 1/2 mile from our house.

                On a positive note - we were just talking about different COVID shortages today that made me happy.

                Much like above ground pools, you can't find trampolines, play sets, fishing gear/tackle or kayaks around here. To me, that means that people are getting outside with their kids. I know my nieces and nephews have spent more time exploring the creeks of their farm than ever. I'm hoping that a positive in all of this is that it inspires a younger generation of sportsman and kids that know fun outside of their homes/screens.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by evernoob View Post

                  April? I was prepped and had TP bought by Feb 1.

                  Buncha Latecomers.

                  Spanish Flu came back with a vengeance in the 2nd wave, and started killing 20 and 30 year olds.

                  Globalist Agenda? So you bought food but didn't go out and protest the Riots? Give me a fuckin' break.

                  Did any of you even write a Letter to the Editor, or ANYTHING besides piss and moan?

                  SARS-CoV-19 could very well mutate into a goddamned killer, that's what you should be worried about.
                  Grimaces, I've defended some of your shit in the past, but you don't know me, you don't know how prepared I was in the spring, or at any other point in my life. And you don't know any activist actions I may, or may not have taken. In my opinion, and in my experience, if you have extreme opinions, and share 100% with people, they shut you out. Whereas, you can approach a group of people and share that you have some thoughts on the supply and demand of food in the near future, which may cause some people to think and question the status quo.

                  but you do you booboo

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X