U.S. 50, lonliest highway

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    U.S. 50, lonliest highway

    I've been watching some videos of this highway from Ely to Fallon. On many of the videos there are antenna arrays visible alongside the road, especially up on top of the passes. Are those cell antennas or something else ? Is there cell service ? Disclaimer: NO, if there's no cell service it won't stop me from going on the hwy. Just curious if there's cell service, especially since the call volume would be low and not profitable.
    Non Lemming

    #2
    weather control devices.


    Click image for larger version
Name:	200w.gif
Views:	425
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	37768
    Last edited by dnsfailure; 06-12-2020, 05:19 PM.
    - Buck

    Comment


      #3

      Comment


        #4
        cell signals carry pretty far out there.

        weather control is the most likely answer


        Up is difficult, down is dangerous

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by xXClamhammer69Xx
          Chemtrail activation devices.
          Is that you PAE ???????
          Non Lemming

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by xXClamhammer69Xx
            But seriously, why not check out your provider's coverage map? If they're really big it's probably a microwave tower, but those can have cell antennas stuck on them too.

            terrestrial ptp transceivers

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by xXClamhammer69Xx
              But seriously, why not check out your provider's coverage map? If they're really big it's probably a microwave tower, but those can have cell antennas stuck on them too.
              I've learned that those maps are basically bullshit. They show solid coverage here in San Diego county and we've found LOTS of holes.
              Non Lemming

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by trampas View Post


                terrestrial ptp transceivers
                This. LOS, line of sight. Usually high-speed data, usually for Utilities or the like.

                The same thing is present on the Columbia River for the dams. It's strategic: you have to place the antennae where a possible wall of water 540 feet high won't wash them out No but seriously they have to be out of any possible flood path.

                You'll find the same antennae in big cities too, especially for firms with more than one HQ. NYC uses fiber for data, micro... no, nanoseconds are critical on billion-dollar arbitrage, but they also have data backup on the buildings. 'Slow' data is better than no data.

                You'll see LOS antennae on virtually every Western mountain pass now.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I drove that highway from great basin national park back to fernley nv. It was creepy and cell signal did travel far,but had lots of spots of no cell service. It is a pretty awesome highway to travel if you can do it. Roughly 347 miles of 2 lane highway, literally NOTHING out there.

                  Click image for larger version
Name:	Screenshot_20200612-175328_Maps.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	37829

                  Comment


                    #10
                    There's a lot of neat roads going through nowhere in Nevada, it's fun exploring around there
                    - Buck

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Poriggity View Post
                      I drove that highway from great basin national park back to fernley nv. It was creepy and cell signal did travel far,but had lots of spots of no cell service. It is a pretty awesome highway to travel if you can do it. Roughly 347 miles of 2 lane highway, literally NOTHING out there.

                      Click image for larger version
Name:	Screenshot_20200612-175328_Maps.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	37829
                      Literally nothing out there is what we find attractive. The videos show beautiful scenery. We've driven U.S. Hwy 6 between Ely, NV. and Bishop, Ca. Hard to believe there's still that much open country.
                      Non Lemming

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Can you post a pic of the antenna arrays you're referring to?
                        I can help confirm if they are cell or not.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Those towers send out beams that detect Californians, so the aliens at Area 51 can be turned loose to abduct them. Highway 6 is good also and with all the mining activity going on now 6 probably has less traffic. We drive 50 every time we go to town.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Yota Up View Post
                            Can you post a pic of the antenna arrays you're referring to?
                            I can help confirm if they are cell or not.
                            Best I can do from the video.
                            Attached Files
                            Non Lemming

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Thats not a cell tower. probably some utility, hwy patrol or hwy dept.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X