Does anyone else obsessively watch videos like this? Engine arcana.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Does anyone else obsessively watch videos like this? Engine arcana.



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUTn...292F8F56F86D13



    Also Engine Masters on Motortrend and Engine Power on Powernation.

    I love this stuff. I want a 3-on-the-tree '76 F-250 with a stroked 445 FE.

    Another one is the Haggerty Buick straight-8 rebuild.



    I will never ever rebuild a Buick Straight 8. But man it's fun to watch.
    Last edited by evernoob; 06-11-2020, 05:53 PM.

    #2
    I watched most of the Haggerty Buick vids, just out of sheer curiosity...Seen a few in person and rode in Special with one, but had never seen the insides.

    Comment


      #3
      I can watch some of these ,but for the most part I find after about 10 min or so they become very irritating.

      "OK guys what we're going to do is drill this hole out because they were too small from the factory."
      "This hole is the hole we're going to drill,because it's too small".
      "This is the drill we're going to use to drill the hole that is too small".
      "We're going to drill this other hole also because it"s too small,also".
      And on and on and on ad nauseam.
      Christ,just drill the fuckin hole and get it over with.I don't need to be told a 100 times about how your gonna drill the damn hole.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by brd View Post
        I can watch some of these ,but for the most part I find after about 10 min or so they become very irritating.

        "OK guys what we're going to do is drill this hole out because they were too small from the factory."
        "This hole is the hole we're going to drill,because it's too small".
        "This is the drill we're going to use to drill the hole that is too small".
        "We're going to drill this other hole also because it"s too small,also".
        And on and on and on ad nauseam.
        Christ,just drill the fuckin hole and get it over with.I don't need to be told a 100 times about how your gonna drill the damn hole.
        I prefer to watch youtube guys because they just do it

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by bigun View Post

          I prefer to watch youtube guys because they just do it
          Andrew Camarata comes to mind.

          "OK,the job today is we're gonna change the drive motor on this skidsteer"
          "Lets get started"

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by brd View Post

            Andrew Camarata comes to mind.

            "OK,the job today is we're gonna change the drive motor on this skidsteer"
            "Lets get started"
            Skid factory
            Bad Obsession motorsports
            Uncle Tony's garage
            Western Truck repair
            Cold war motors
            Bus Grease Monkey
            D3Shooter
            Deboss garage
            DGHD
            Twinstick garage
            Scotts speed shop
            Watch Wes Work
            Almost forgot
            Johnathan W who can take a pile of rusty crap and turn it into a hot rod anyone would be proud to own
            Mustie1 Who can take any junk small engine he finds on the side of the road and make it run again
            Last edited by bigun; 06-12-2020, 12:09 AM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by bigun View Post

              Skid factory
              Bad Obsession motorsports
              Uncle Tony's garage
              Western Truck repair
              Cold war motors
              Bus Grease Monkey
              D3Shooter
              Deboss garage
              DGHD
              Twinstick garage
              Scotts speed shop
              Watch Wes Work
              Almost forgot
              Johnathan W who can take a pile of rusty crap and turn it into a hot rod anyone would be proud to own
              Mustie1 Who can take any junk small engine he finds on the side of the road and make it run again
              Yeah there's a handful of them that I try to tune into on a regular basis.

              The problem is if I spend too much time watching them,I don't have enough time to get pissed off over all the political bullshit going on

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by bigun View Post

                Skid factory
                Bad Obsession motorsports
                Uncle Tony's garage
                Western Truck repair
                Cold war motors
                Bus Grease Monkey
                D3Shooter
                Deboss garage
                DGHD
                Twinstick garage
                Scotts speed shop
                Watch Wes Work
                Almost forgot
                Johnathan W who can take a pile of rusty crap and turn it into a hot rod anyone would be proud to own
                Mustie1 Who can take any junk small engine he finds on the side of the road and make it run again
                None of those are even close.

                Uncle Tony does literally nothing except smoke and wheeze.

                I'd strongly suggest you watch Myvintageiron.

                Originally posted by brd View Post
                I can watch some of these ,but for the most part I find after about 10 min or so they become very irritating.

                "OK guys what we're going to do is drill this hole out because they were too small from the factory."
                "This hole is the hole we're going to drill,because it's too small".
                "This is the drill we're going to use to drill the hole that is too small".
                "We're going to drill this other hole also because it"s too small,also".
                And on and on and on ad nauseam.
                Christ,just drill the fuckin hole and get it over with.I don't need to be told a 100 times about how your gonna drill the damn hole.
                That's not what that channel is about. I'd suggest you watch it.


                I'm kind of sad that nobody even watched this channel.

                Here he is explaining head work one of the many times.



                Here is a guy telling us why you shouldn't accept Out of Box heads.



                Now head shops have an interest to go against assembled valves, but the draggers in my town do their own heads, even w/o a flow bench. They tear the springs, valves, guides out of the head and start from zero like it was a raw casting. There's a reason why.

                Here's another one about heads

                Last edited by evernoob; 06-12-2020, 02:18 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I don’t trust anyone who tells me multiple times that “ Im not out to make any money”

                  Guy fills the intake but never zooms in to show you the actual leakage? Sure has a “buy my no stick pans cuz they don’t stick” feel to me...,

                  Comment


                    #10
                    [QUOTE=evernoob;n37010]




                    That's not what that channel is about. I'd suggest you watch it.


                    I'm kind of sad that nobody even watched this channel.QUOTE}



                    I did.Go find #3,the start of the rebuild from about 16 min to 30 min on redrilling the oil passage.It is exactly what he did.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Western truck repair is a pretty good one. The guy knows his stuff. He’s taught me a lot of tricks just watching how he tears stuff down. No bullshit or hype. Just goes for it.
                      Watched the redline one about the straight eight last night. I thought it was pretty good. Showing home they magniflux stuff and sleeve cylinders.
                      Last edited by rockdog57; 06-12-2020, 09:08 AM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X