Good documentaries

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Good documentaries

    Just watched one that blew me away

    Population Zero

    About a triple murder in Yellowstone.

    It's on Tubi for free
    Yolk=the yellow part of an egg, not anything rig related

    #2
    what's tubi? triple murder in yellowstone documentary sounds interesting


    Up is difficult, down is dangerous

    Comment


      #3
      the WW2 documentary on Netflix is awesome
      Long Days and Pleasant Nights

      Comment


        #4
        Soaked in Bleach about the Kurt Cobain "suicide". Based on the work by the former LAPD detective private investigator Courtney Love hired to look for Kurt when he went missing. That dude didn't kill himself.

        Comment


          #5
          The Half Life of Genius

          trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U9pIgydBuag

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Provience View Post
            what's tubi? triple murder in yellowstone documentary sounds interesting
            Tubi is a streaming service, have an app and website, free, can watch without even logging in. I found it when I was looking for Cocaine Cowboys, another good one.

            How does "Loophole in the Constitution" sound? That's part of the docu as well.
            Yolk=the yellow part of an egg, not anything rig related

            Comment


              #7
              The Vietnamam war on Netflix or really anything from Ken Burns that sounds interesting. They have a new World War II one that looks pretty good as well. Probably going to start that one next

              Comment


                #8
                I thought McMillions was pretty good. It's about the Manopolie (SP?) game being fixed.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ROCKTACO View Post
                  I thought McMillions was pretty good. It's about the Manopolie (SP?) game being fixed.
                  I haven't seen the documentary but I read an article on that. The Monopoly game was rigged from the start.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by east_beast View Post
                    Soaked in Bleach about the Kurt Cobain "suicide". Based on the work by the former LAPD detective private investigator Courtney Love hired to look for Kurt when he went missing. That dude didn't kill himself.
                    That one was mind blowing

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Have been some interesting music industry documentaries free on YouTube lately. Learned a lot about classic songs and how they came to be.

                      The Wrecking Crew - kickass session musicians
                      Sound City - interesting studio
                      Muscle Shoals - more session musicians
                      All Things Must Pass - rise and fall of tower records

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by toocheaptosmoke View Post
                        Have been some interesting music industry documentaries free on YouTube lately. Learned a lot about classic songs and how they came to be.

                        The Wrecking Crew - kickass session musicians
                        Sound City - interesting studio
                        Muscle Shoals - more session musicians
                        All Things Must Pass - rise and fall of tower records
                        I would add "20 feet from stardom" to that list

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Dogtown & Z-Boys

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Tiger King
                            /endthread

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by toocheaptosmoke View Post
                              Have been some interesting music industry documentaries free on YouTube lately. Learned a lot about classic songs and how they came to be.

                              The Wrecking Crew - kickass session musicians
                              Sound City - interesting studio
                              Muscle Shoals - more session musicians
                              All Things Must Pass - rise and fall of tower records
                              I’ve seen the first three and can vouch for them. The wrecking Crew was pretty damn informative

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X