Weird Things/Carnage that has happened while Wheeling?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Weird Things/Carnage that has happened while Wheeling?

    What is the most bizarre/odd-ball things that has happened to you/your rig while wheeling?

    A few years ago on Barrett Lake trail I came down a hill over various rocks and ledges when a small boulder got sucked up into my PS front wheel well. Took out my brake line & shock.
    It was well after midnight, and my brother and I were alone, going into meet other friends who got up there earlier.
    I didn't realize it happened, went about 10-20 more feet when I had to make a left turn to go around 1 tree and avoid hitting a few others.
    I tried to turn left & the steering wheel wouldn't budge (rock was wedged between tire and spring). Slammed on my brakes, nothing. (we were still going down hill).
    So I killed the engine & we stopped about a foot before 2 big trees. We weren't flying, and I have a manual, so we were at a steady pace in 1st/single low.

    After about 20 minutes of trying to get the rock out, we were WTF.... It won't come out. (that was because springs were drooped when it got sucked in.
    So we jack it up, planing on taking the wheel off, and it fell out. Swapped in a new brake line, topped off fluid, and away we went..... Click image for larger version
Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 11.11.33 AM.png
Views:	644
Size:	545.0 KB
ID:	17487 Click image for larger version
Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 11.11.48 AM.png
Views:	638
Size:	465.7 KB
ID:	17484 Click image for larger version
Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 11.11.59 AM.png
Views:	640
Size:	606.4 KB
ID:	17485 Click image for larger version
Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 11.12.11 AM.png
Views:	637
Size:	603.4 KB
ID:	17486
    Attached Files

    #2
    I was wheeling by myself one afternoon on a loop trail and I kept vapor locking. Then my drop Pitman arm stripped out and I had to steer every corner by rehooking the winch cable from one side to the other using a pulley. Laid on the ground and rehooked dozens of times to get back to the trailhead at 1 AM. Got it out myself and it sucked. I was wishing I had 2 winches. The fuel problem turned out to be a dent in the tank right where the pickup is that it got above the skid plate somehow.


    The weirdest though was after stopping at the bottom of the trail up Blanca Peak I was fixing a broken shackle bolt with a 1/4" drive exrension and vicegrips and we got swarmed by thousands of biting red flying ants. We had to button it up and GTFO and got bit the whole way to Salida where we stopped and bought bug spray at WalMart and nuked the survivors.
    Last edited by Filthy McChevy; 05-28-2020, 01:49 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      I broke the heim at the end of my ram assist once. I didn't have the correct plugs for the lines.
      We were close to camp, so I limped it back.
      If you have never had this happen, the steering still works, but only after the ram has fully extended or contracted. So, your steering has a 2-5 second delay before pressure in the box turns the pitman arm.

      The next day we hooked a chain around it & welded it, so it would stay compressed and regular steering box worked fine.

      Comment


        #4
        Hah, same thing happened to me on my TJ, somehow a 50lb rock got wedged inbetween the tire and the frame!

        I figured the rock wanted to come home with me, so I keep it on my front porch now, haha! I've got a photo somewhere, I'll dig around.
        - Buck

        Comment


          #5
          No pics but I had a tree limb as big around as my calf come up thru the driver side floorboard in the ftoy. I've got perforated metal floors, not expanded metal. Had to back up to get it to come out. It went directly between my legs and under the seat.
          Yolk=the yellow part of an egg, not anything rig related

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MochaMike View Post
            I broke the heim at the end of my ram assist once. I didn't have the correct plugs for the lines.
            We were close to camp, so I limped it back.
            If you have never had this happen, the steering still works, but only after the ram has fully extended or contracted. So, your steering has a 2-5 second delay before pressure in the box turns the pitman arm.

            The next day we hooked a chain around it & welded it, so it would stay compressed and regular steering box worked fine.
            I wheeled a full day like this. Ended up with the ram zip tied to the stinger to keep it out of the way. Was interesting trying to navigate tight stuff.

            My friends being the jokesters they are, a giant 18" purple dildo was zip tied to the ram. Turn left, down dildo, turn right, up dildo. That fucker was floppy too. The dildo was nicknamed grimace that day.

            There's a picture somewhere, but Photobucket.

            Comment


              #7
              I dropped off the dirt ledge behind me, and at the bottom was the lower half of a fallen tree. At the base it was probably a foot and a half around. I crawled over the tree and after a few feet something in the rear view caught my eye. Somehow this fallen tree stood erect, pushing its way through my expanded steel bed floor and ultimately through the fuel line bulkhead of my fuel cell. Luckily we were wheeling on private property, with an excavaor on site to lift my truck off its spear.

              It was the craziest thing I've ever had happen while wheeling.
              Attached Files

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by TiTRD View Post

                I wheeled a full day like this. Ended up with the ram zip tied to the stinger to keep it out of the way. Was interesting trying to navigate tight stuff.

                My friends being the jokesters they are, a giant 18" purple dildo was zip tied to the ram. Turn left, down dildo, turn right, up dildo. That fucker was floppy too. The dildo was nicknamed grimace that day.

                There's a picture somewhere, but Photobucket.
                Picture may work. Grimace is not attached, but is ready next to a bottle of Jack.

                Bonus points for capturing one famous PBB'er front and center.

                Click image for larger version
Name:	2012-11-17114809.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	17774
                Last edited by TiTRD; 05-28-2020, 04:47 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by TiTRD View Post

                  Picture may work. Grimace is not attached, but is ready next to a bottle of Jack.

                  Bonus points for capturing one famous PBB'er front and center.

                  Click image for larger version
Name:	2012-11-17114809.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	17774
                  How has no one asked why your “friends” had a giant purple dildo pack with them for a wheeling trip?
                  Michael.gonzalez is a cunt

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Broncokyle88 View Post

                    How has no one asked why your “friends” had a giant purple dildo pack with them for a wheeling trip?
                    Don't ask, don't tell!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Firstram View Post

                      Don't ask, don't tell!
                      Did I miss that in the terms and conditions when I signed up? What else is Austin hiding in that thing? Next thing you know we won’t be able to edit our post
                      Michael.gonzalez is a cunt

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Broncokyle88 View Post

                        Did I miss that in the terms and conditions when I signed up? What else is Austin hiding in that thing? Next thing you know we won’t be able to edit our post
                        Terms and conditions? Who reads that shit, I was to busy pulling out a $20

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Click image for larger version
Name:	17E596B1-0511-4386-9A9A-775DD49ED842.jpeg
Views:	346
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	18734
                          Originally posted by Firstram View Post

                          Terms and conditions? Who reads that shit, I was to busy pulling out a $20
                          Attached Files
                          Michael.gonzalez is a cunt

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Weird thing? Met a guy on the trail who caught a fish.

                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Broncokyle88 View Post

                              How has no one asked why your “friends” had a giant purple dildo pack with them for a wheeling trip?
                              I have fucked up friends. The type who will randomly mail you a large double ender or install a large 'i love black cock' magnet on your tailgate for all to see on your way home.

                              ​​

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X