Should I pull a Joe Rogan (switch to spotify)?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Should I pull a Joe Rogan (switch to spotify)?

    I'm not familiar with Spotify at all. A bunch of people were raving about it in the Joe Rogan thread and now I'm thinking it might be worth taking the plunge. I currently use Amazon music which is ok but not great. My wife seems to have way more problems with it than I do. We mostly listen to classic and alternative country. I'm assuming they have a decent selection of it.

    Those who have it is it worth the money? It will primarily be used on a mobile app.

    #2
    Pandora

    Comment


      #3
      My shit runs almost 24/7

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Mudslinger99 View Post
        Pandora
        I found that my TV stereo online system fucking hates Pandora. Loads ridiculously slow.

        Comment


          #5
          Spotify user here.

          In my car and in my shop

          I used to pay for it now I just use the free versiona nd I am very happy with it.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Mr Stubs View Post
            I found that my TV stereo online system fucking hates Pandora. Loads ridiculously slow.
            Odd. I'm on an old wore out damn near barely working phone with it playing right now and it's damn near flawless. Its one of the few things my phone still does right

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by crispins View Post
              Spotify user here.

              In my car and in my shop

              I used to pay for it now I just use the free versiona nd I am very happy with it.
              How are the commercials ? I can't take ANY commercials,so I use Pandora with an APK file for Unlimited

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Mudslinger99 View Post
                Pandora
                Is there an ad free version? And do you have the ability to pick your own songs not just a "we think you'll like this" shuffle?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by crispins View Post
                  Spotify user here.

                  In my car and in my shop

                  I used to pay for it now I just use the free versiona nd I am very happy with it.
                  Is the free version loaded with ads? What are the differences between the two?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Will12785 View Post

                    Is there an ad free version? And do you have the ability to pick your own songs not just a "we think you'll like this" shuffle?
                    Yes. There is a pay version that is ad free and unlimited skips. No,you can't type a song in and have it play on demand . But you can click the "thumbs up" button and save songs to your phone very easy.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Will12785 View Post

                      Is the free version loaded with ads? What are the differences between the two?
                      Free version has some ads, not enough for me to care about.

                      And you are limited to I think like 6 skips per hour.

                      Neat trick if you want the paid version which is $10 per month, or if you are in college it is $5 per month, I said I was in college

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mudslinger99 View Post

                        Yes. There is a pay version that is ad free and unlimited skips. No,you can't type a song in and have it play on demand . But you can click the "thumbs up" button and save songs to your phone very easy.
                        That would make it a no go for me. I like to put on a whole album and let it play through. My incredibly boring version of a playlist

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Will12785 View Post

                          That would make it a no go for me. I like to put on a whole album and let it play through. My incredibly boring version of a playlist
                          YouTube has that option with their paid version. I have tried just about all of them but its been a while .

                          I just came across my Grooveshark app last night that I haven't even turned on in so long that I'm sure they have changed too

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mudslinger99 View Post

                            Odd. I'm on an old wore out damn near barely working phone with it playing right now and it's damn near flawless. Its one of the few things my phone still does right
                            Phone was always fine. It’s just whenever I tried kicking it over to my TV. I spent a day or two messing with a gals Spotify account and decided to pull the trigger on it.


                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Mr Stubs View Post
                              Phone was always fine. It’s just whenever I tried kicking it over to my TV. I spent a day or two messing with a gals Spotify account and decided to pull the trigger on it.

                              I've set it up on several TV's over the years and never had any issues. In fact, I just had somebody ask me if I would come over when they get their new TV and set it up for them again . I did so about 7-8 years ago for them using a Roku box and never any issues.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X