What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

Town and country bump stops, scrap of 3/8 with a hole in it = perfect fit for the rear of a Ranger.

attachment(243).jpg
What the fuck do you use for pictures, a 2005 motorola razr?:flipoff2:

67 Bronco - Still fighting this stupid stumble at cruising/2200 RPM. Checked the plugs, they look good. With all new ignition, rebuilt carb, and every suggestion listed here and from Holley tech support I'm at my wit's end. Just ordered a rebuild kit for this other Holley 4-barrel I have sitting around. Will give that a try and if that doesn't do it my buddy wants me to bring it to the shop to look at and throw parts he has laying around at it. Otherwise, will probably just put a known-good 302 in it one of his clients is "throwing away" in favor of a Coyote.

78 F150 1-ton swap - I lowered the rear end about 1-2" with the adjustable shackle flip bracket. Looks much better. I'm optimistic that throwing a spare 40" in the bed and adding a rear bumper will bring the rear the extra .5" it needs to come down but once I add a winch to the front I'll probably need a 1" taller coil spring up front. Next up I need to remove the degree shims from the leaf pack and that should be close enough in pinion angle that I can order a shorter rear driveshaft with a flange on the short shaft (for the Sterling 10.5). Once that's in.. plumb the rear brakes, order shocks, Tesla iBooster install.

No longer moving to Nor Cal so I have time to work on my shit again instead of packing up to move.

Ran the code reader on the 92. Codes 14, 32, 85 I guess. Off to do some research and figure that shit out. Hopefully it'll cure this running like shit thing.:homer::laughing:

78 F150 - pulled the six degree shim out of the rear leaf pack that I installed when I still had a 9 inch rear, 5.5” leaf pack and the factory block removed to point the pinion up. With the sterling axle it points it way too high.. flipping it too low.. removing it seems like it could be just right. At the very least, close enough to order a driveshaft.

Problem is I thought I could reuse my center pins (surprise, had to cut them off because I rounded the nuts to make them fit in the leaf spring plates)… and now I’m overnighting a pack of 10 for $39 from Amazon so I can finish this up tomorrow.

Would be great to get this driveshaft ordered..

So first I bolted on new wheels, then I clamped on a camper shell.:flipoff2:
Pretty much, I do have a bunch of parts going to go into it including a set of geared and locked superduty axles and some other cool parts but the plan is to keep it stupid simple. Need something that I can camp and fish out of and take down some trails that are interesting without getting buried constantly. And the camper shell is thru bolted, those clamps don't hold very well offroad.

And after farting some air out of the cooling system the Ranger went down the highway for the first time in 5yr.

Shit's got way more vibration than I remember and somehow the alignment is way the fuck off, maybe because I pulled the rear of the frame out of alignment with all those new crossmembers. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh