What's new

Suzuki Grand Vitara Build - Little Richard

At the time I told you that, those were the best available. There's better now.

35" was released late spring, after this years snow season. I've seen the 32s and 33's, both HP models on 10" wide wheels and they didn't do well. Both were on light 2 seat machines. I think they'd do fine on hard snow you didn't wanted to break but spring snow and powder they weren't impressive. 32" carnivore was ahead of them actually :flipoff2:

So what's the issue? Are they just too floppy? Dig to easy?

I was thinking they would probably need to be ran with a bit more air in them than other tires.

It's just hard to imagine a super lightwieght balloon tire not doing well in snow. But the carnivores do seem pretty good.

Finally put the Toyota CV’s in, they are tight to coil spring but do not hit. Thanks YotaAtieToo for the hook up

Attachments

• 7779BAD5-D9D2-4425-950A-487DD9D1A30D.jpeg
    7779BAD5-D9D2-4425-950A-487DD9D1A30D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 29
  • AF536857-B76B-45E7-85EF-3CC0C579CF50.jpeg
    AF536857-B76B-45E7-85EF-3CC0C579CF50.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Guess they clears your custom mounts?

when I tried to put them in with all the stock 2nd gen mounts, there was just no way.

Also curious how the length worked out on the 2nd gen as I thought the CVs were longer than a 1st gen?

I had to center the axle and everything worked out. Before I had one older shaft and stock 99+ on the driver side. You can use the stock mount on the frame you just can’t use the factory mount to the axle. I need to pull the front diff out, as I buggered something up and the lock rite is spooled up . I’ll get better pics of the mounts

I had to center the axle and everything worked out. Before I had one older shaft and stock 99+ on the driver side. You can use the stock mount on the frame you just can’t use the factory mount to the axle. I need to pull the front diff out, as I buggered something up and the lock rite is spooled up . I’ll get better pics of the mounts

My Spartan is also not unlocking in my IFS front. Post up what you find.

Like not at all?

If it is, it’s not doing it when there’s no tension on it. Meaning I have both CV’s out, t-case in 2WD and everything turns together. Makes it a nightmare to get those driver side bolts out of the axle side CV flange.

If it is, it’s not doing it when there’s no tension on it. Meaning I have both CV’s out, t-case in 2WD and everything turns together. Makes it a nightmare to get those driver side bolts out of the axle side CV flange.

It takes some pressure to get it to unlock. You're not going to unlock it by hand.

So what's the issue? Are they just too floppy? Dig to easy?

I was thinking they would probably need to be ran with a bit more air in them than other tires.

It's just hard to imagine a super lightwieght balloon tire not doing well in snow. But the carnivores do seem pretty good.
I think being 2 pl bias they are actually too soft/floppy. the tread caves in and they lack traction. thy are all over the place on sidehills, not enough lateral traction at all. They have to be ran 4 psi or more, or the sidewalls just flop over.

Swapped in a case from an older sidekick/tracker that had Sumo 3to1s. The differences in the transfer case are the rear output shaft, speed-o, and the shifter has a different bend to it. Things I didn’t know. The lack of speed-o doesn’t bother me and the older rear output is better IMO. Did really good keeping with the bigger rigs this past weekend.
C28FCC03-193B-460E-899C-7DB869878FF6.jpeg
7D48D4DD-4396-4F71-AFF1-58C3FD315E5A.jpeg

Swapped in a case from an older sidekick/tracker that had Sumo 3to1s. The differences in the transfer case are the rear output shaft, speed-o, and the shifter has a different bend to it. Things I didn’t know. The lack of speed-o doesn’t bother me and the older rear output is better IMO. Did really good keeping with the bigger rigs this past weekend.
C28FCC03-193B-460E-899C-7DB869878FF6.jpeg
7D48D4DD-4396-4F71-AFF1-58C3FD315E5A.jpeg
Do you not need the speedo for the vss and the auto knowing whats up? Are you ready to sell this thing to me yet?

Do you not need the speedo for the vss and the auto knowing whats up? Are you ready to sell this thing to me yet?
I’ll look it the VSS, I drove it just a bit. My good buddy ran it on this trip and is going to borrow it until his family rig is up and running. He did say the shift point felt funny at times.

I’ll look it the VSS, I drove it just a bit. My good buddy ran it on this trip and is going to borrow it until his family rig is up and running. He did say the shift point felt funny at times.

Im probably wrong but I think the vss also tells the computer to advance the timing, not the rpm.

Top Back Refresh