Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Squamch buys, builds, rides, and probably breaks, a 2023 300 XC-W

No idea, as long as everyone is having fun, who cares. I honestly don't know if I'm any good since I haven't really rode good single track with anyone else.

Maybe you're more good at having fun?:flipoff2:

I fuckin love this bike.

MME clone lever wasn't working on the clutch, so I snapped the tip off a stock lever, wrapped it in hockey tale for gription, and moved it way in so it's still single finger friendly. Put on some astra Apollo bars too, and moved them forward, which has helped with sore hands a ton.

He's exactly where he needs to be, deep big bore bark >>> angry bumble bee :flipoff2:

And wtf would a yamaha guy know?:flipoff2:

I cant put the bumble bee on any big hills or stupid spots until fire season is over, so I cant comment on that. But for everything else....well, the 300 hasnt been rode in a while:laughing:

I wouldnt want a 150 for that area you are riding either:laughing:
Yeah, there are a few areas in NM that look like what you and squamch ride, but they are vastly outnumbered by fast open desert, as you can imagine.

I really need to get a new gopro and start filming some of my rides, maybe I can get one of you guys to come down and ride with me someday :beer:

That would be fun.

Seems like everybody had a gopro a few years ago. Don't see 'em much anymore.

We lost our main riding area last year, in the fire. Learning some new spots, but that takes time to figure out the mountain. But once we do get a few solid days worth of riding figured out...

I've got the gopro on about every ride. I can't figure out editing for youtube but I put the good stuff on hipstergram. Found some faster flowy trails this week, a lot less of the usual tech stuff we ride.

Most of the riding lately has been cruising with my boy, he's got a 50 sx now, the angriest little weed Wacker in town.

It's about time for a new tire, thinking a Mitas double green will be the move this time. Most guys locally run a 140 wide, I've been using a 120 Dunlop geomax 81ex, and been pleased with it, plus it was pretty cheap, which is nice! The mitas ain't cheap at all.

Hunting season is over in a month, hopefully the snow isn't too low and I can get in some rides before the trails turn to ice.

Other than that, I still absolutely love this bike!

My little C class protege runs them, seems to like the shit out of them. Gets good grip in our sandy bullshit down here too.

They just seem to hook up on everything, and last a long ass time, while still being pretty cheap

We used to run the M5B's but they dont last very long, and want to step out on you on the hard pack.

I'm wanting to put a 100/100 one on that 150 just to see wtf:lmao:

I listened to the locals...but I bought a skinny one. My worn out 110 at81ex is 130 wide, so I was afeared of the 140 once it's broken in:laughing:

20231204_171443.jpg

$400 is crazy. I might try one of those things next time around though.

Local shop wants $130-$140 just for an IRC :lmao: I buy local for everything I can. But not tubes or tires.

Course then I spend a bunch of money one metal pokey things to put in my tires. So I'm back up in the retarded money for tires club:homer:

This was about $220 canuckbucks. The day after I ordered it, my son's MX coach told us about his buddy who is a tire distributor, that will give us a better deal than anyone else.:laughing:

Damnit. Thats how it goes lol.

Gotta dig a bunch. But the cheapest places I have found for tires was amazon an ebay:homer: with rockymountainatv being close

Only took and hour and a quarter to get the old tire off, mousse off, and new tire back in.
I bought a mousse valve, which is basically a normal heavy duty/high pressure style valve that sticks through an equipment wheel. The idea was that I could seat the beads on the new tire. Well, that was because the old tire wasn't quite the same round on both sides, and never seated quite right, so it looked like I had a BIG bend in the back wheel.
Did over 120km/hr on it on the street and never felt it:flipoff2:
Naturally, this one fell into place perfectly, and the bead lock was no problem at all. Busting the old tire off sucks with a mousse, cause you can't deflate it to shove the bead locks out of the way. Quick clamps are your friend.
20231205_202022.jpg

Whatever, I'll use the valve to pump some more mousse lube into it. This mousse is still in great shape too, it's just enough padding that I don't ding my wheel being stupid on sharp rocks, and it feels like low single digit psi for traction.

The old Dunlop was a 110 profile tire. Calipers put it at 133-131 width depending on which pair of outside lugs I measures.
New mitas is a 120, measures 123mm outside to outside. Curious to see how wide it gets as it softens up.

20231205_202614.jpg

Top Back Refresh