What's new

rock well centers needed 4 trailer

chaplinfj60

Member Number
Loc
marshalltown iowa
good am all,
does anyone have a decent source for Rockwell wheel centers. i found a couple places and OMG they want a huge price for them.. i was gonna change out this axle on my m105 military trailer but why not just get new wheels that are lower to the ground and that solves my issue if trailer being too tall.

1713799838965.png

like you want a 16" wheel vs a 20" wheel? I know i have seen guys in the past just do a 6-7k trailer axle that uses standard 8x6.5 wheels

exactly. i was thinking it would be easier to find wheels. i did figure out a M1061 trailer uses this bolt pattern but in a 16.5 wheel. but them wheels are hard to find. they dont even pop up on ebay. lol

If you feel your welding skills are up to snuff, go find some old straight truck wheels that used that pattern from a junkyard and cut the centers out. Weld them to some 80s/90s ford single wheel 16s. I'd say buy the weld-in centers but the ones I could find are 125/ea. Junkyards or old tire shops might give you the old truck wheels for a few bucks.

i did not even think about old trucks like mitsubishi and such. good find. hell i honestly thought this was some dumb military pattern so this has taken me down another road to explore. junk yard truck wheels

i did not even think about old trucks like mitsubishi and such. good find. hell i honestly thought this was some dumb military pattern so this has taken me down another road to explore. junk yard truck wheels
That bolt pattern isn't special to import cab-overs. A bunch of old domestic junk used it back in the day too though they're likely to be a 20" rim.

Top Back Refresh