What's new

Roadless gear Pentadapters

Covecrawler

Member Number
Anyone running the roadless gear Pentadapters?

I gave my cousin a first gen Toyota double cardan front driveshaft for the rear of his samurai. Sent him the link to the roadless gear parts.

He’s telling me it won’t work and the register on the pentadapter is .039” too large to fit the samurai flange. Any thoughts on this.

Somewhere in a box I have a set of Rat adapters, guess I’ll have to dig those out.

Pretty sure that's the last ones I bought.

Think his flanges are just dirty or are they way off?

Road less is a tiny shop, there's decent odds they may have just fucked up, but would probably fix it no problem.

Ya, but isn't the centering ring the same?

My 87 samurai driveshaft had the same centering ring as my 2000 tracker diff, just drilled new holes in the flange.

No... but I dont know the differences. I know for sure ive ground the centering ring off on several occasions and specifically know I did that on the adapter to toyota shafts on my big samurai

I have never measured but I feel like the Toyota register is probably around the same size as the register on the roadless gear adapter.

I would prefer to keep the register, keeps everything centered.

We’ll check some other flanges, pretty confident the register sizes are all the same. I’ve never come across a zuk driveshaft that didn’t fit.

I’ve never ran across the centering ring/center of the flange being different on any 86-95 samurai or 89-98 trackick driveshaft/flange.
There are 2 different spline types on flanges though. There are “pointy” splines and “squared” splines. No difference in the centering hole between them though.
I do want to say I’ve heard some Toyota driveshafts won’t fit samurai/trackick flanges or vice-versa. And I’m pretty sure it has to do with the centering ring and the hole in the flange being off by the smallest of margins and some very light grinding needs to happen to make everything fit.

Top Back Refresh