What's new

Project: Midnight Panic

Yes, I will make sure the housings are narrow enough to fit inside the trailer,

So are the housings a stock width and all the width gained comes from the tire/wheels? I was under the impression the axles were made wider for MTs. I have seen MTs loaded on a trailer, but not a closed trailer. I figured that even with skinny wheels, offset to the inside, they couldn’t fit in a box.

So are the housings a stock width and all the width gained comes from the tire/wheels? I was under the impression the axles were made wider for MTs. I have seen MTs loaded on a trailer, but not a closed trailer. I figured that even with skinny wheels, offset to the inside, they couldn’t fit in a box.
The ones up here are almost always in a box

I haven't kicked anyone out yet.

Is that a challenge? :lmao:

There is a monster truck series that runs out of Texas. The guy I work withs family builds all their motors and is tight with the owner. If you need/want a contact over there I can probably get you one. I've shown almost all of your build to the guy I work with so he has a good idea of what you have going on.

As stated above, the vast majority of trucks are hauled in enclosed trailers now days,
Most housings are 40-45 inches wide to the flange, then each corner adds 25 inches on each side, so it's pretty easy to get right in that 8 ft wide range, then adjust with back spacing on the wheels,

Is that a challenge? :lmao:

There is a monster truck series that runs out of Texas. The guy I work withs family builds all their motors and is tight with the owner. If you need/want a contact over there I can probably get you one. I've shown almost all of your build to the guy I work with so he has a good idea of what you have going on.
That will come in handy if I grow beyond anything on the west coast,
He probably knows people in the AZ, CO, WY neighborhood, & that is completely withing my scope at some point,

OP, in for the continued tech... But you are kinda crazy and you're gonna need to start stacking cabs in your yard. :flipoff2:

Thanks!
I currently have 3 cabs on the ground, one ready to remove, another on its way to the yard in the next week or so, & two I could pull form complete trucks, if I absolutely have to!
If I go through the first 3 quickly, I'll have to consider switching to fiber glass I suppose,

I currently have 3 cabs on the ground, one ready to remove, another on its way to the yard in the next week or so, & two I could pull form complete trucks, if I absolutely have to!
If I go through the first 3 quickly, I'll have to consider switching to fiber glass I suppose,

I'd be looking for fiberglass to put on it immediately. Save the metal body for shows and such and use the glass for competitions. That body is way to nice to get beat up and replaced over and over.

I'd be looking for fiberglass to put on it immediately. Save the metal body for shows and such and use the glass for competitions. That body is way to nice to get beat up and replaced over and over.
If any change is needed on the bed skins they will be the first to get converted, There is nothing special about this cab & doors, so it won't hurt my feelings if it gets wasted, longevity in a glass cab/doors would have to be much better though, a guy could patch that up a few times much easier,
He'd get good practice on getting the paint to match. :flipoff2:
I need someone close that likes to do wraps, :laughing:
I keep pretending I dont notice it. :lmao:
You & me both!

Or.... simply build another one and keep MP as a show truck. :homer:
Nothing gets a free ride around here, show rigs get a free pass & I don't have room for something like that, :laughing: They have their purpose, it just doesn't align with mine,

If I were to build a second truck, it would most likely end up being a very slightly different version of this one, I think buying a turn key truck is the only way I could get away with keeping that type of vehicle as simple as it really needs to be, even then it would probably go through months of re-working before I could admit to owning it, :laughing:

Actually, thinking about it, I could see building one just to look at & cruise, but it would be more like a Bigfoot #1 or #2 tribute type truck, a replica on leafs that a guy just about couldn't get to roudy with, maybe in a few more years after I get to old to much more than build stuff. :laughing:

Ok, it’s obviously a quandary and you could use some guidance from someone older and wise, uh foolish-er.

The answer is to make the MP a street legal daily driver. You might say impractical, Hear me out.

I see 4 impediments to this.

1. Width, I don’t think ag tires are legal for the road, so you need to measure the width with the claws on. Most states allow 102”. If it doesn’t fit, you might need to alter the wheel back spacing. Not a big deal for you.

2. Exhaust, the sound is music when you want it, but on a DD it would get old. Some mufflers and exhaust out the back should not be too difficult. You can install “cut outs” if you choose.

3. Height, you will not want it to be that hard to get in a DD. I can’t stand a tall truck with steps hanging down ruining the ground clearance, but you could engineer some fold down steps via electric, manual, phematic or hydraulic.

4. There is a dyagnal roll bar making access to the doors hard. This could be altered a couple ways. You cut and re-enforce like this.

IMG_1411.jpeg

You could also make some setup that the bar comes out with the door. When you shut the door, a plug would extend out from the frame and lock the bar in place. Complicated? Yes, but we all want to watch you do it.

After that, you might want a small bed in back for groceries or a suitcase. Maybe a stereo and some sound proofing. That stuff can be decided and worked out later.

Then you can build an all new dedicated MT. I assure you we all want to watch you build it. You seem to be getting comfortable with the video stuff, so maybe you could do like the guys building the Pinky project with subscribers and such.

Is this fantasy? Is this a crazy DD?

IMG_0777.jpeg

I have 4 registered vehicles and this is my “go to” vehicle. I have a grin on my face Every time I take it out.

Top Back Refresh