Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Official Helmet Cam Video Thread

willis_racing

Wee Todd Did
Member Number
Loc
Edgewood, NM
One of the guys I ride with films consistently enough that I finally feel like it's worth it to post this thread. As usual, if any Sumo/GP guys want to join in the fun, I'd love to see it.

Here's Part 1 of this past Saturday's ride. Just a leisurely stroll through the desert on the freshest hero dirt a fella could ask for :grinpimp:

He uses an Insta 360 RS One, and I'm heavily considering picking one of those up. Either that or a Hero 9. Input welcome.

(I'm the guy in the caramel and black gear)

I dont like the 360 camera, they make shit look weird.

Also caramel? Really dude? Every straight guy calls that tan:flipoff2:

Canada boy, how many hashtags do you got?

I dont ride with anybody that runs a gopro anymore. Seems like everybody used to have one.

These are old vids. I make a gracefull appearance in them. I'm the sexy sob on that white stallion:flipoff2:

Most of these trails were lost to a fire a year or two ago. Was pretty awesome, not many people knew about

Last edited:
Lotsa hashtags. Fuckin kid's shit is expensive, hashtags get followers, followers are what get sponsors these days, not race results:flipoff2:.

And I'm gonna have to pay for 2 kid's worth of bikes, parts, and gear in a couple years here, so I'm trying to get all the help I can. Shit, if Austin wants to kick down we'll plaster his bike up with irate4x4 decals! Or just get a :flipoff2: Jersey made.

Also second the 360 cam.and the caramel comments.

Also caramel? Really dude? Every straight guy calls that tan:flipoff2:
Says the mothfuckle that listed by name the species of the stick lodged in his buddy's swingarm :flipoff2:
dont like the 360 camera, they make shit look weird.
Also second the 360 cam.and the caramel comments.
Yeah the heavy fish eye effect from the 360 cam is a bit strange but i do like that it conveys how much the bike is moving, and does cool shit like stay focused on the rider in front of him even when he turns around to check on the guy behind him.

That camera is a modular deal where you can swap to a more traditional gopro style lense as well instead of the 360 shit. I'd probably lean mpre toward that if i got one.

Says the mothfuckle that listed by name the species of the stick lodged in his buddy's swingarm :flipoff2:

A ficus is a generic term for anything that grows out of the ground. And lets be honest. Thats one of the first times you have seen a hill or a tree before?:flipoff2:

Anybody can ride on that flat ground you ride on:lmao:

A ficus is a generic term for anything that grows out of the ground. And lets be honest. Thats one of the first times you have seen a hill or a tree before?:flipoff2:
And here i was gonna talk shit about how those trees seem awfully far apart considering how much you like cutting bars down :flipoff2:
Anybody can ride on that flat ground you ride on:lmao:
Admittedly we do lack the crazy verticality of the terrain you see on the west coast. Everything within 20 miles of that ride spot is just rolling hills or canyons. But what we do seem to have more of is gnarly rock gardens and tech instead of the challenge being the steep hills and lack of traction. Pretty interesting.

An the good trails........well ya just dont film those ones:laughing:

I do wish he had film of a few of the other trails nearby. I understand why he doesnt though

Last edited:
Admittedly we do lack the crazy verticality of the terrain you see on the west coast. Everything within 20 miles of that ride spot is just rolling hills or canyons. But what we do seem to have more of is gnarly rock gardens and tech instead of the challenge being the steep hills and lack of traction. Pretty interesting.

Theres more rock around here than ya might think. It is interesting though. We hit up the desert a few years ago and got our asses handed to us on those trails. Whoops for days, and were all on geared down, soft suspension woods bikes:homer: Funny though, when you get a dune rider or better yet a track guy that wants to ride. They cook their brakes on the first real downhill :laughing:

How do I post a cell phone video? It says its the wrong type of file or something:homer:

Theres more rock around here than ya might think. It is interesting though. We hit up the desert a few years ago and got our asses handed to us on those trails. Whoops for days, and were all on geared down, soft suspension woods bikes:homer: Funny though, when you get a dune rider or better yet a track guy that wants to ride. They cook their brakes on the first real downhill :laughing:

How do I post a cell phone video? It says its the wrong type of file or something:homer:

Yeah but oh boy can they go around a corner!

Upload to YouTube then link to here. It takes years to upload here.

Every so often you get somebody that forgot to mention all the downhill mtn bike shit they used to ride. Pretty humbling when you're hauling ass down a hill, only for the new guy to seat bounce a stump with his CR and pass you in the air:flipoff: :laughing:

Every so often you get somebody that forgot to mention all the downhill mtn bike shit they used to ride. Pretty humbling when you're hauling ass down a hill, only for the new guy to seat bounce a stump with his CR and pass you in the air:flipoff: :laughing:

Guy at work was a pro BMX racer. I raced DH, not pro. Sunday he says to me "you were going recklessly fast down that!" Naw man, I was thinking "be careful, take it easy, it's a long walk from here and that rock looks sharp.":laughing:

I woulda pushed his bike over for going all safety sally while out on a ride :laughing:

He's got he had a really shiny Xtrainer. Last trail we rode he dropped it and it slid down about a 25' face, now he needs new plastics. And he hasn't showed up for work for the last 2 days either. I may have killed him:laughing:

Upload to YouTube then link to here. It takes years to upload here.
If you have an iPhone you'll have to go through some bullshit to convert the HEIC file to MP4 for the forum. Agree with Squamch though, youtube links will be easier. Make a throwaway youtube channel like "shaftgrabber300xcW" or some shit

He's got he had a really shiny Xtrainer. Last trail we rode he dropped it and it slid down about a 25' face, now he needs new plastics. And he hasn't showed up for work for the last 2 days either. I may have killed him:laughing:

We had a guy that wasnt so good, go out and buy a new kx450. First fuel injected bike he had ever rode, and first time on an adult bike that didnt have a recluse.:homer:

We took that poor bastard on a ride. I bet he knocked $3k off that bike in 4 hours :lmao:

If you have an iPhone you'll have to go through some bullshit to convert the HEIC file to MP4 for the forum. Agree with Squamch though, youtube links will be easier. Make a throwaway youtube channel like "shaftgrabber300xcW" or some shit

Dont have an iphone. I'll set up a youtoobe account

We had a guy that wasnt so good, go out and buy a new kx450. First fuel injected bike he had ever rode, and first time on an adult bike that didnt have a recluse.:homer:

We took that poor bastard on a ride. I bet he knocked $3k off that bike in 4 hours :lmao:

Poor bastard. Did it at least have a thumb activated kickstart? Buddy rides a husaberg 250 4 stroke and has fun, but even that bike, which is much more oriented for this type of riding, fuckin kills him stalling and flaming out.

I believe it did. We never had much sympathy for him. One of those badasses that look and talk it until you get into the timber.:laughing:

He was just one of the many guys out there that have no business riding a 450 in the woods.

Top Back Refresh