What's new

Off Brand Eaton Truetrac on Amazon

jeepkevin

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I just build a SD60 front and 14 Bolt rear for my wife's JK. This is her daily driver, light duty off road trips at best. She is in the medical industry and her clients are all west coast. We live in Texas and not uncommon during the winter for her to drive on the ice/snow to the office. The Jeep in stock form does great in 4 high to get her to work and home. We have 2 dogs and want to do more Colorado, Big Bend, and other simple trails with dogs and not have to worry about weather. Jeep has a top, my buggy does not, holds 2 people and do not want the dogs in it on trails.

I got both axles for $900 from local junk yard.
I got Artec swap kits for $900 shipped at Xmas.
I got gear and install kits f/r for $1000
I got steering kit from Barnes for $700
Drivelines with yokes from Adams for $1500
Both diff covers $200
New calipers, rotors, seals, ball joints, $750 Rock Auto
New 1550 Spicer shafts $375 Summit
Old axles sold for $2500
Old 37" wheels and tires will sell to someone for something I'm sure
I'm in at appx $3500 plus wheels and tires, she needs new tires anyways. She has been driving it on 37's for 12 years. She is ready to grow.

I had thought about putting an ARB in the rear and leaving the front open for now. We have had vehicles in the past with Truetracs front and rear and they served very well for daily and light duty off road. I decided to started checking prices and found Amazon sells these off brand Truetracs with the same #915a545 part number for half the price of the actual Eaton unit.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I could do both axles for the price of just the ARB rear. I have a buggy that we wheel, this Jeep is just secondary fun.

There aren't any reviews on Amazon, but their return policy and ease of yanking a 14 bolt carrier makes this a possible option.

What are your thoughts?

I wouldn’t for a one ton jk. I’d rather have the arb and eventually put another in the front. A cheap 4 banger tj on 33’s I’d give it a shot.

Econbox for a daily and weld the diff on the Jeep.

Top Back Refresh