What's new

ID bearing in oil pan

Short block about done

PXL_20231206_214855081.jpg

I installed a mild comp cam and roller lifters. Got humbled and forced to learn, but new comp valve springs are shimmed correctly and I only needed 2 sets of push rods.

Nothing to do now but see how it runs
PXL_20231219_234419157.jpg

Good eye, you should see the side in the motor...

It's just in there as a plug so I could prime, that is why it is just slid into the seal. Rockauto should deliver new one today. Hopefully arse is ok with additional funds spent ;)

They are also bringing a starter solenoid, the reason the truck came to me in the first place

The balance is provided by weight cast into the hub that keys to the crank. The outer sheave can slip all it wants without causing balance issues. As long as it's not gonna walk off and fuck up the radiator he's fine.
I had one in that condition slip off. It is a lot easier to change it on the stand than in frame.

I had one in that condition slip off. It is a lot easier to change it on the stand than in frame.
Yeah. But it's still probably fine. :homer:

That balancer is stupid and looks like the weight is cast into the outer part. He should swap it out regardless because the ones that don't have the weight outside the rubber last fucktons longer regardless.

Yeah. But it's still probably fine. :homer:
It got driven for a while like that so I guess it was fine. That doesn't change the fact that if it spun you are not setting the engine timing and that it would be fucking retarded to reinstall that balancer while the engine is out on the stand.

Top Back Refresh