What's new

Dust Buggy

Broke the brake lines.
While tightening the nut, and holding the ferrule, the fitting broke.
Not knowing if I did something wrong I decided to break another one and it snapped super easy.
After looking at it and seeing how little material connects the stem, nut, ferrule, I figured there had to be a better fitting.
Found out they make the rubber style one piece fitting and use an aluminum knurled sleeve to take up the space for SS braid.
Both old and new are DOT but the one piece is way stronger.
Thanks to Bebop for helping sort it out.
IMG_5384.jpeg

IMG_5385.jpeg

IMG_5381.jpeg

That seems like a real crappy design for a DOT rated line. :eek: Good catch, and it's much better to figure it out now as opposed to finding out on a trail.

It left the garage under its own power.
No brakes ✅
Emergency hand brake works great though
No skid plates ✅
No body panels ✅
The radiator might have a small leak somewhere, I saw fluid on the fan housing but not enough to drip. This will be a pain to find. I have parts to make a new radiator so might just do that. Trans kept taking fluid as I moved through the gears as it heated up. Hopefully it’s full now.
Fans and controllers keep everything at temp.
Steering is smooth and fast and doesn’t whine.
Everything shifts like it’s supposed to.
Not a lot of room to test, but it breaks the tires loose in the turns.
Pretty sure some of the injectors are dirty.
Got a small drip between the NWF and the adapter on the 4L80.

IMG_5406.jpeg

IMG_5408.jpeg

IMG_5412.jpeg

IMG_5413.jpeg

Last edited:
wheres the burnout videos?
Still taking it easy as the bugs show up. That and I only have an emergency brake. For example the trans was full but then took more. I keep checking every thing and push it a little more every time.

The circuit breaker for the fans has tripped a couple times but runs normal most of the time.
Might have something to do with the battery disconnect and the fan capacitors. Going to troubleshoot this next.

Top Back Refresh