What's new

Albright Contactor Troubleshooting?

posford

:flipoff2:
Member Number
Loc
NH
Getting my winch back together, got it all wired up with an Albright contactor that I've had kicking around for years.

Go to test it, spools out fine, the contactor just hums trying to spool cable in. Verified again that out works, then try in, no dice.

I tempted to reverse the field leads on the winch to verify that it's the contactor not something else.

Anyone else have experience troubleshooting one of these? I thought there were supposed to be bomb proof

No reason not to flip F1 and F2.
IMG_0637.jpeg

Are you checking the current? Is there actually no current in one direction. Need a DC clamp meter.

Winch/motor might be jamming in one direction, I think powering out the motor has to power through the brake.

If you don't have access to another solenoid pack to use for testing, you can always run your winch forward and backwards with booster cables.

maxresdefault.jpg

Are you checking the current? Is there actually no current in one direction. Need a DC clamp meter.

Winch/motor might be jamming in one direction, I think powering out the motor has to power through the brake.

If you don't have access to another solenoid pack to use for testing, you can always run your winch forward and backwards with booster cables.

maxresdefault.jpg
Ok I didn't think about the brake. I tore this winch apart a few years ago and had nothing but shit luck with it. I should probably pull it apart and verify the brake if it's flowing current

Top Back Refresh