What's new

4 Season Trailer

TiTRD

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Wilmington, VT
Picked up a 2024 all aluminum Snopro trailer. It's a hybrid snowmobile trailer custom ordered with extra height with idea being it would fit a SxS if purchased eventually and that we can use it as a camper in the warm season. Camping will be "modular" so that it can be returned to a snowmobile trailer for the winter. It's 7.5'x16' and only weighs 1400# empty.

Immediate plans are bed liner floor, 120v lighting/power with shore power plug, wall/ceiling insulation, FRP finish walls/ceiling. Then some wall cabinets and etrack on the side walls to strap the camping stuff down. Then take it out to camp to see what we need to add or change.

1710507415526.png

1710507485784.png
57637.png

Nice looking trailer. That is really light for the size, my all aluminum Neo 7.5'x16 trailer is pushing 2k. I did opt for the taller height and reinforced ramp.

I will be interested to see how your mpg are with the sloped front, mine is peaked but still acts like a sail.

Be wary of bed lining. Unless the underside of the floor is sealed as well bed lining the inside will cause the floor to rot from the bottom up.
But you won't know and that's what matters to people who buy a spray in bed liner. :flipoff2:

Yeah more I read it's a bad idea. I found some boat carpet I'll roll out for camping.

That's what I do, but with thin astroturf. Home depot by me sells it by the roll and it's pretty lightweight. Nice and easy to roll out when you're setting up.

I have a section I roll out on the ground outside the entry door which helps keep the interior a lot cleaner too.

If you are going to skin the interior walls with FRP, I would cut the rigid to that it is snug between the studs. No need for adhesive.

Funny, people on here talked me out of rubber mat and into spray on for my enclosed. I used double what the manufacturer (raptor liner) recommended and it's still pretty thin imo. I would not do it again over rubber liner.

Hit a pothole Sunday and came home to a flat yesterday. Working night shift tonight and couldn't sleep in, so went to TSC for a spare on a rim as I needed one anyway. Going to head to Home Depot and get some insulation board while I have the day time off.

Top Back Refresh