What's new

1991 Ram 50 fuel tank

Covecrawler

Member Number
A friend just picked up a 1991 Ram 50.

It’s been sitting and the fuel tank is in terrible shape inside. Rusted. I cannot find a replacement, new or used. It seems as though this is an issue for these trucks.

Does anyone know of a decent replacement? Ideas aside from a fuel cell?

What about trying to find another tank that will fit from a similar truck like 90's S10, ranger, toyota pickup-tacoma etc ?

This tank looks like swiss cheese after cleaning. I don't believe it can be lined.

I would like to find another tank to replace this one.

I was thinking the ford tank that's very popular for Toyotas, but the rear crossmember in the frame is too close to fit it.

I have a nissan hardbody tank and an Isuzu tank to take a look at when I get time.

I was hoping someone had found a solution. I guess it's up to me to find it.

Probably faster to graft a tank from a different similar truck in or have one custom made and put a factory sender in it.

Or just go Roadkill style and Jerry Can strapped in the bed with the fuel line taped to the windshield.

Probably faster to graft a tank from a different similar truck in or have one custom made and put a factory sender in it.

Or just go Roadkill style and Jerry Can strapped in the bed with the fuel line taped to the windshield.
My buddy has been running a plastic boat gas tank in his Samurai for the last 15 years.

Top Back Refresh